If you were at FFC and want to change where would you go?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Mar 18, 2007.

  1. namow

    namow New Member

    I am with that dilemma. I am kind of new in this area and the only treatments I had was through FFC. Right now I'm feeling so much worse that I feel I have to stop their treatment and I really don't know what to do.

    What kind of doctor would you look for knowing that you have thyroid problems, viruses, hormonal imbalances etc.

    I feel lost right now.
  2. mindbender

    mindbender New Member

    The only answer I came up with Is an Endocrinologist (for Glands)

    The only answer I came up with Is an Endocrinologist (for Glands)

    If you're paying cash, like with FFC, you can go straight to an Endocrinologist.

    Or if you're using insurance I'm told that you'll have to be referred by your PC Physician.

    I'm sorry Primary Care Physision.

    Everyone is different, that should be the Credo here.

  3. namow

    namow New Member

    I think I'm going to see an endocrinologist.

    I am afraid of the change that might happen which is switching to T4 instead of T3...will see.Not many dr. are treating people with T3.

    Any other ideas would be welcome.
  4. Daisys

    Daisys Member

    I found a great doctor in private practice who helped me with all those issues.

    If you go to Dr. Teitelbaum's site, Vitality101, and look for practitioners, you'll find a list of physicians of various specialties for your area. I found a doctor who took Dr. T's course, and it's very comprehensive. They look at sleep, hormone, infection, and nutrition issues.

    The doctor I found is a preferred provider on my insurance, and has his own individual style--I haven't been to a FFC, but hear from this board that they have a particular agenda that they hold to.

    He's an integrative physician, which means he uses alternative treatments in addition to being an MD. If you can't find any one on the physician's list at that site, maybe you can try to find one in your area by asking around.

    Hope you find a good doctor, that makes such a huge difference.
  5. Shalala

    Shalala New Member

    i see it mentioned and have no clue what you all are talking about
  6. mollystwin

    mollystwin New Member

    FFC stands for fibromyalgia and fatigue center. They are a chain of 13 clinics accross the nation that treat fibro and CFS. They don't accept insurance and are very expensive.

    Many on this board have gone with various results. I went to Detroit clinic for 10 months and spent over $10,000. I felt better initially so thought treatment was working, however I kept crashing. I found out this was due to I have lyme disease so now I am seeing a dr that treats lyme.

    If you want more info, do a search on this board, you'll find lots of stuff.
  7. mindbender

    mindbender New Member

  8. namow

    namow New Member

    Thank you to you and all the other ones who responded to me, I really apreciate it.

    I went to the page you recommended but it only takes me to the FFC...bummer!
  9. Daisys

    Daisys Member

    I just went to the vitality101 site, on the left is a section called resources, clicked on practitioners, and scrolled down past the FFC info. On the right, there's a place to click for all practitioners. That's where I found the list according to states.

    Yes, it's challenge to navagate that site with fibrofog. Someone else helped me to find it--I sure appreciated that kindness!

    Hope this helps, and let me know if you still have trouble, ok?
  10. namow

    namow New Member

    Thank you!

    I think I'm very slow today or that page is complicated..ha ha! But at least I got it!!!!!!!

[ advertisement ]