If your feet hurt and you have problems with shoes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msbsgblue, Jun 21, 2008.

1. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I could hardly walk for shoes, then I took a trip home to see my daughter.

Of all things they wanted to go to the fair. Well, I wanted to back out because of my feet but I didn't want to rain on their parade.

I mentioned my feet to my daughter, she went in the bedroom and came out and tossed me a new pair she had and said wear these as we wear the same size.

I was very skeptical as I think I tried every sport shoe known to man.

But I put them on and off we went. We must have walked for 6-7 hours and oh I was dreading the next day.

WOW got up no foot pain. No sore feet.

They are Asics and they are pretty expensive but you can order them on Zappos online for about $40. less.

She bought me a pair for Christmas and no more foot pain from shoes.

They have netting on the top and sides so they are cool in summer and the netting allows for you toes and feet to shape as they want to.

It is well worth the money. I think Zappos has them for about $60.
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I have worn Reebock Princess style shoes for years and they are comfortable, but I have thought about looking into something else though too.

Thanks for sharing.
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

I have real trouble with shoes, but find Fly Flots are like walking on air.
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

So I will go look them up for fun. lol

O.K. I did that and I cannot wear a shoe with no strap or back or I walk out of them.

I see they had one sandel with a heel and strap around the ankle, and that might work, but someone posted they don't last long so for $84. I think I will pass.

What I like about my Asics are that they are sport shoes and some they have are almost dressy, though mine are just nice looing, but then I couldn't wear sandals in the winter either.

I have refered a few people to Asics and have gotten really good feed back. They are gel sole and gel insoles. [This Message was Edited on 06/22/2008]
  5. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

I have been wearing Asics for years. They are available at Sports Authority and many other stores also. There are usually about 8 styles to choose from ranging from $40 to $115. My podiatrist likes them also.
  6. mariellenl

mariellenl New Member

My Podiatrist told me that New Balance were the best for my feet and posture. I have been wearing them for years and they are great for me. I buy a new pair for about 40 dollars every 6 months because as they "break in" they also lose their support.
  7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

On zappos they have many more styles then that.

I can't stand my New Balance, got a pair after someone refered them to me and after I got them someone told me they are usually hard to break in, well I have had mine 4 years have tried many times to break them in, no go.

The Asics feel like you already have broken them in, first wearing and was great.
  8. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I tried to look up Asics and realized that it is a brand name that sells many many different kind of shoes. Could you please let us know the type or model you are talking about.
  9. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

They have dozens of different Asics.

My daughter says all the styles are good pick one you like.

I tried to find the box mine came in, it is in the garage. I will see if again today my husband can find it.

Go to zappos and in their search box type in Asics. That should bring all the styles of Asics up.

If I find my box I will get back to you, I will also email my daughter.
  10. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Bluebottle-thanks for telling us about Fly Flots. I'm always looking for comfy slip-on shoes and adjustable might be even better. They're cute too. I bought a pair to try at $46.00 free shipping both ways. That's a good deal to me.

Shoes are so important for us.

11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

been wearing them for years - used to be just for house shoes but now do really good walking shoes, sandals too - also many can be adjusted if your feet swell.

I love them.
  12. simonedb

simonedb Member

have used them for years, custom made and without them wouldnt be able to take my long walks with dog, my feet would start to hurt too much; ended up on crutches when went without them a no. of years back.
    can wear just about any type of tennie if put orthotics in them, except stuff like sketchers, they look good but poorly designed for walking. Can wear high quality flat dress shoes easier with orthotics too.
    crocs without orthotics are ok for around the house.
  13. sisterk

sisterk New Member

That is all I own and all I will wear. I was encouraged to order a pair by my MOM...She was a BIG FAN of QVC...I did and now I have about 20 pair in different colors, styles and materials. They are made especially for womens feet and are like walking on air...I have major problems with my back, knees, legs and feet.These shoes are all I wear, regardless of the occasion... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM. ..Prices usually run from $40.00 to $70.00 and if you watch QVC sometimes these shoes are run on sale.
  14. tulaloo

tulaloo New Member

Hi, I have alot of foot pain as well, especially first thing in the morning. I have found a pair of croc sandals and they are like walking on air. They are extremely light with 2 straps that go over the foot very gently ( not between the toes) and they are so soft on the bottom of the foot. I put them on when I first get out of bed and I can walk anywhere with them. The only problem is, what am I going to do in the winter?
    [This Message was Edited on 06/25/2008]
  15. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

you can buy croc clogs without holes in them....for winter...and i think they make a boot/shoe, too

look at www.crocs.com

i think that is the correct website

has anyone tried those Earth shoes? they are supposed to line up your spine and help your posture...they are expensive...like $80- $120
  16. simonedb

simonedb Member

for me
    terrible position
  17. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I tried the Fly Flots and they are adorable. I was hoping they would work for me but they hurt my feet as soon as I stood up in them. Walking in them a couple of steps was very painful. I guess this really shows the variety of severity we all have with pain. The soles were nice and cushy on top but within 1/2 an inch they were rock hard for me. I never had problems like this before I developed severe FMS. I hate it but I appreciate people sharing so I could try a shoe that might work other than my open-toes, open-heels Skechers.

At least Zappos made it easy to return my shoes and shipping was free both ways.

Crocs are painful for me too because of the closed toes and the bumps on the soles. I can no longer walk barefoot without major pain either though so I think I'm an extreme case.

If you wear Crocs be careful on escalators. There have been some nasty accidents on them. The Crocs get caught in the escalator and take the foot with them. I think this only happens if your shoe touches the side wall of the escalator, so stay away from the wall and make sure kids with these shoes do too.

I wish they would make pretty shoes like Flots with tennis shoe bottoms.

[This Message was Edited on 07/10/2008]
  18. My problem is I wear a 7 EE womans shoe. so the EE is the problem. Asics is what my podiastrist recommends too.

I just googled and they do make them in EE but the closest store to me is 41 mi away so I would have to order them online which I hate because I would have to send them back. Which ones do u all wear of them?[This Message was Edited on 07/09/2008]
  19. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I always or have been using the New Balance 554s but I cant seem to find any now.. The Shoemall have them but they're on back order until August.. so now mine arent in the best shape.. I've searched on here for them but there and Amazon are the only places that carry that particular one. Except Amazon doesnt have my size.. :(
    I've tried the New Balance 855's would love them but I cant afford 100.00 for sneakers..
  20. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi! I, too, have trouble with pain in my feet. I am on them at work for at least for 14 hour a day, and I used to use the same brands mentioned above.

But you would not believe the brand that I wear now, (only certain styles, of course) that feel absolutely incredible!...It is the Sketcher's Brand.

I own 4 pairs, and my favorite pair that actually make my feet melt is a pair of flip flops that has Terri-cloth on the top with some crystals stitched on it. The rubber is like that "memory foam," and OH MY GOSH! They are sooooo comfortable, I become instantly happy!

Their sneakers have the same foam in them...awesome!

Lots of love,

Tropical Girl