IGenex Lyme dot blot assay

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by sorekitty, May 31, 2007.

1. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

My dr had wants me to have the urine test done. It is #800-805 lyme dot blot assay. You test up to 3 samples if necessary. After the first test(if negative) you test again in 2 weeks(if also negative) you test again in 3 weeks. I had the Western Blot but it was Quest Diagnostics which I know is no good. So. . .

Has anyone heard of the urine test?

Thanks!
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Why not do the Igenex's western blot at least, along with the urine test?

3. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

for the info. I want to talk to my doctor more about this now that I read your replys. I haven't done the test yet but maybe I should do the blood test first. Do you have to be on abx before the blood test too?

Again, thanks
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Some say that taking abx prior to blood test also helps force the spirochetes into the blood stream, and some pts who have had symptoms for years do not get a positive Western Blot until taking abx for about a year. It seems that it just depends on the extent and activity at the time of the test.

While we believe my son had had it for at least a few years, he did start on the abx for about 2 days before doing the blood test, just because of convenience. So I'm not sure whether that helped get the positive or not.

best,
    Victoria