Igenex Results -- anyone care to help?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Scapper, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Scapper

Scapper New Member

My G.P. had to call Igenex to help her decipher results.....they told her, bottom line: I was negative for Lyme.

They said if "two or more of the double starred bands" are positive, I have Lyme.

IGM Results: Igenex Negative
    18 kDa -
    **23-25 -
    28 -
    30 -
    **31 -
    **34 -
    **39 IND
    **41 IND
    45 -
    58 -
    66 +
    **83-93 IND

IGG Results:
    18 -
    **23-25 -
    28 -
    30 -
    **31 -
    **34 -
    **39 -
    **41 ++
    45 -
    58 -
    66 -
    **83-93 -

As far as I can see, my co-infections also came back negative.

Is that one band of any significance??????

THANKS!

Scapper
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

First, here are 2 links that contain important info about western blot band results:

page 7 of the first link starting with "western blots....":

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

and

http://www.drcharlescrist.com/testing.htm

Look at both of them and you will notice that Dr B says that bands 18, 23-25, 31, 34, 37, 39, 83, 93 are species specific to lyme. Dr B says that you should see band 41 and one species specific band.

and Dr C says that bands 18, 23-25, 28, 30, 31, 34, 39, 58, 66 and 93 are significant.

You have IgM results showing IND on bands 39, 41, 83-93 and a positive result on band 66......all considered significant by one or both LLMD's in those links.

You have IgG results showing ++ on band 41.

Because chronic lyme is an active infection, most people who have a response on the western blot, have a IgM response.

Now, it is important to note that many, many, people who have lyme only ever had "officially CDC negative" results like you do.

LLMD's however, do not rely on that. They know that the individual band results are so important....along with your medical history, symptoms, and exam.

My LLMD says that an IND result is like a fingerprint. He says that it is a light fingerprint, but it is still the same fingerprint. To him, that means that an IND result on a lyme specific band is significant.

If I were you, I would do my best to see a good LLMD for a complete evaluation.

Are you on lymenet.org's Medical Questions board? It is very helpful.