IGENEX turnaround

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by acer2000, May 30, 2008.

1. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Hi all,

I sent in my IGENEX test about a week ago. How long does it usually take to get the results back?

thanks

A
  2. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Mine took about 10 days, I called there and they told me when my results were sent to my llmd. Good luck,Let us know when you find out.
    sandie
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I went there in person to Palo Alto to have the test 'cause

I live close by. I would suggest that 10 is a min. and don't

be surprised if it takes somewhat longer. I think they send

it to your Doc rather than you as I believed required by Law?

May have to check with your Doc after a phone call confirming

it has been sent by Igenex. What made you decide to get a

Lyme test? I see you were on a Protocol of Valtrex. Has it

not proven beneficial to your CFS?

Best wishes,
    MRDAD

[This Message was Edited on 05/31/2008]
  4. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 New Member

about 2-3 weeks. Then my incompetent PCP office told me they hadn't received it, even after Igenex claims to have faxed it to them 5 times already. It was like pulling teeth to get my results. So, a total of almost 4 weeks.

Hope your road isn't as bumpy!!
  5. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

thanks for the replies...

I took Valcyte for about 4 months. Didn't feel any different, no better no worse. Then my Dr. took me off because it kept making my liver enzymes go up. My HHV6 titers have never been that high, only borderline to qualify for Valcyte. However, my family doctor put me on zithromax for an infected cut on my hand and a lot of my CFS symptoms started to get better. I am trying to find out why I improved relatively quickly on antibiotics and not on antivirals, so I am pursuing further lyme testing. The doctor who was treating me with the antivirals (Dr. Lerner) did a labcorp lyme test that was negative, but had positive band 41. He didn't seem that interested in helping figuring out if I have an infection treatable with antibiotics after my experience, so I think I need to get another doctor.