IgG levels and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Sep 19, 2010.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

My IgG levels are low and I don't understand what they mean other than my immune system must be suppressed.

One example that is puzzling - I had an IgE test taken to see if I'm allergic to dogs- this test came back negative. But the IgG test on dogs came back high (about 3X the norm). I would think I'm not allergic to the dog, but somehow the dog is affecting my immune system.

Does anyone understand how the IgG test and levels affect people with FM and CFS?
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

igg immunoglobulins are apart of our immune system that helps fight viral and bacterial infections. Whats Interesting is my igg levels were elevated, so its showing that my body is trying to mount some sort of defence against whatever pathogen, but if igg levels are low this can indicate a chronic infection and your immune system is tyring out.

What u need to do is get your doc to do more testing and try and find the pathogen as well as do more immune system testing like natural killer cell function and lymphocyte sub set testing. ITs common in cfs to have the herpes virus like ebv, cmv, hhv6 reactivate and treating them with antivirals can help as well as immune stimulants like imunovir and cycloferon which increase natural killer cell function. Also u could be a candidate for immunoglobulin injections which i have read have good effect on cfs patients.