Ignex test labs???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by webintrig, Oct 5, 2006.

1. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I was wondering why that the tests for lyme that comes from using their lab Ignex lab come out postive and from other labs you get a negative.

My dr. says probably they get a kick back or something and made me use her lab.

What is your take on this?

I tried to explain to her about the false negative one and they are the best and thorough...

I am not sure even if it was read right. I thought I would get the results mailed to me...

All I got was a phone call..

Should I ask for the results test findings and take it to another dr.?

She is a GP?

I have to go through my GP to get referrals to other drs.

Any input will help. Thanks!

Confused,
    webby
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi Webby,

Well i started my "something i have to do project" and i'm already distracted!

Igenex only specializes in lymes test, so it stands to reason they would come up with more positives than anyone else.

that said, my test from Igenex came back negative, there was only one + band, but not enough to call it a positive.

MY dr. went ahead and prescribed me ABX anyways, because of all my other symptoms.

They are a good lab, it's were you should send your lyme test.

Let us know the outcome!

Misty
  3. webintrig

webintrig New Member

What is your something to do list? I might need to start one..if it is what I think it is.

Thanks for the reply,
    webby
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Igenex was investigated last year for all the positive test they come up with. The outcome was Igenex is the most state of the art accurate test.
    Other labs may miss up to 50% or so of Lyme.
    Don't waste your time with other labs.
    J
  5. webintrig

webintrig New Member

for lyme symptoms and I had 30 out of 50.

I think I am going to have to bring it up again.

I went to the website but I was not to sure which forms to download or which test I needed.

Do you know?

That way I can just take the right form when I go to the dr. the next time.

Thanks,
    webby
  6. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Most lyme docs just need the Igenex Igg and Igm western blot test. Do not mess with the PCR test. You can call them on the number on their web site and they will mail the test kit for free. When you mail it back it has to be paid for. Should be a little less then 200.00 last time i checked. Most insurance pays for it.
  7. cbs1234

cbs1234 New Member

Read the NY Times article related to igenex. Always beware of a company that has the only credible test for a disease that not EXTREMELY rare. I went to a doc who wanted me to test for Lyme even though I had tested negative through a mainstream lab in the past. The lab he wanted to send it to was Igenex because they had a "special" test for lyme. I asked how many tests he had sent to them and he said over 300. I asked how many came back positive--he said 100%. I said, isn't that odd that 100% came back positive, are you that good at diagnosing patients. His very honest reply was that he was not that good and he could not explain the 100% success rate, but he trusted Igenex.

Be wary. Your doc will want you on long term abx. Very scary stuff.
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Your Dr. is wrong, i had a negative test from Igenex, and i know a few other have posted here saying the same thing.

So this is miss information to say they have 100% positive test.

Sorry
  9. cbs1234

cbs1234 New Member

My doctor was not wrong. If you read my post carefully, you will see that he stated that 100% of the tests HE sent to Igenex were positive. Did you go to my doc? If so, I will agree that he was wrong. If not, try again.
  10. Gail8899

Gail8899 New Member

NY Times,(filthy, lying, mouthpiece for the rich and getting richer) the feds, the CDC, and insurance companies would all have everyone to believe that there is no such thing as late stage Lyme because it is extremely costly to treat.

Igenex invited the feds to investigate it's lab, and despite thier best efforts the feds could not find even one thing to fault them with, but NY times of course did not print a retraction. They rarely do print retractions of thier many false accusations.

Oh, by the way, the same ones mentioned at the top of my post have now declared for sure that Gulf War Syndrome simply does not exist! I'm sure that is such a comfort for the faithful soldiers and thier families who are dying from a non existant disease!!

[This Message was Edited on 10/06/2006]
  11. jarjar

jarjar New Member

There is a Dr. in Houston that had cfs/fm and the majority of his patients had cfs/fm. Upon investigating lyme disease and becoming lyme aware he tested positive for lyme along with the vast majority of his patients.

There are various options for treatment of lyme not all have to do with high dose antibiotics. There are natural treatments, low dose pulsed abx, rife machines etc.

So for you to say that your doctor said all his patients came back positive doesn't surprise me.

I had the same conversation with a Dr. recently and her practice just focuses on the marshall protocol for fm/cfs but she said she knew the majority of her patients would test positive for lyme with an accurate lab.
  12. webintrig

webintrig New Member

give it another shot when I can get up enough money. We thought for sure I had it because of the symptoms and being bitten by a tick.

So in order for me to do this test I will have to have some blood drawn or urine?

I can do the urine but as for the blood I have to go to a dr. to do it and of course they would have to sign off on it.

I read all 4 forms. So would you say a Rhem . dr. could do this for me and be able to interpute the results. I just remember the lab people will tell me my results and mail them to me...sorry brainfog...right?

I have been referred to a Rhem or Infectious disease dr. oh and pain management.

Can a pain management dr. do it as well?

Which dr. would you choose?

jarjar

I believe there is one there in Houston. Which dr. in Houston has FMS/CFS and treating pt.'s with it?

Do you know his name? I might just have to go there.

A Rhem. dr.will know better and pain management will know better how to treat this condition I have would would you agree?

Thanks for all the advice!

webby

[This Message was Edited on 10/06/2006]