Ignorant Family Members

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 4DJ, Apr 17, 2009.

1. 4DJ

4DJ New Member

I have been reading so many of your postings and I feel so badly that anyones family could turn on you for being ill!!! My family ,especially my Husband, is so supportive of me I cant imagine life without them. I am so very sorry you must deal with the horrible effects of this illness and ignorant family members as well. I will pray for all of you. I hope they come around for you. Keep the Faith. God Bless, 4dj
  2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Your message really means alot too me.I was one of the people who family has made fun of. I called my niece to tell her about this blood disorder,she happens to already have heart problem,which this blood disorder `can cause. This is hemochromotosis and hereditary.

Next thing I knew there was a family fight ,and her father called me a liar about being sick and called me a non productive person in society. This family thing had nothing to do with my illness. They all have been hoarding these bad feelings about me being sick!! I know this is wrong but I want them to get fybro.

Just one day to walk in our shoes.

It's like when people are judgemental and the samme thing they are judging people about happens to them.

Thank God my hubby believes me. He is also sick with Fybro. Ruthie
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thank you 4dj. It means a lot that you care about this situation.

I'm glad your family is supportive of you. :)

4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

My family is totally supportive but I have heard such comments like Fibromyalgia is the "in" illness. Meaning everyone is saying they have FM.

Some folks could really use a dose of compassion among their fellow man.

5. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

Just want to say thanks for your heartfelt concern for those of us who don't have the kind of family support you have. Also that i am happy for you, I know it makes your illness "that we all imagine having", a little easier to deal with, because the love and understanding your given, means you have less to deal with! Illness is enough to have to live and deal with. Kudos to your family!~~~