ihad the nice police officer come take my report

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, May 22, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

he appeared to be single i thought i twas bit unprofessional of me to ask him out for a date...lol

anyways..he believes somoene was phising...i guess that is it...it probab ly happened out of the comcast 800# that i called..someone passes the info on to someone else...

the company that has posted the 2040$ on my visa check card has two addresses..one in knoxville tn and oneout of televiv iserale.....

he said that is what they do and hurry up and get it out of the county cause then it is basically out of our hands...

what a loss to banks and people for such crimes...

he said credit card companies are worse about getting the money back....they take their time...

but i called f.t.c, called equifax, i called the company that has the nice package on my account..that i will never see...

i have to call early in the morning to ask them questions about this shipment and to see if they can stop it....and to give me the adddress...

he said he would be doing the same as well..

i am going to call churches and others for help...until then

i will be ok.. i have some cash and some credit cards but i really do not want to use my credit cards at all...i like having less bills to pay...

i have to go to bank inthe morning and see what happens or if i am awake at midnight i can checking my account on line...

i pray they won't pay it... then i will transfer my funds out of that account...and i will be closing my account period...

officer said we don't know how much info they have on me..

well thank you for all for responding and givng me some great advice...i was in tears on sunday morning...and hig anxieity...i thank you again...

i will update you later...

and to the person that told me not to tell the officer or bank...about givng my digits...i already did...

oh well..that was the point of the second call...

some thing really weird has been happening...someone keeps calling from a canadian area code...earlier today they wouldn't answer me...it has been happenin the past week...

i just don't trust anyone...but my sone said while i was gone to the comcast and police station early tonight...so guy called from comcast and wanted to talk to me...cody said call back and leave a message..
    i checked the number and it is the one out of canada..

hugs

i have my job interview tomarrow...and the bank and ssa to go to...wiped out...

jodie
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i was thinking maybe donald trump just so i could fix that ugly hair on his head for once and for all....

i couldn't get turned on looking at him...just because of the hair...

yep these cops get paid well out here...

and i have had the chief of police wanting to go out with me...he has never been married either...my age...

jodie
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

I have had very BAD experiences dating the cops that I've dated. They have the #1 suicide, divorce, and alcohol rate. They have to deal with sooo much stress. Besides, you would probably be worried about him all the time, they have a dangerous job.

Kriket
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

But I've dated several, and they've all been really messed up. Extra esp, if they've been in vice. That really screws them up bad. they get all furtive looking, and you can never have their attn. if you are out in public, because it becomes second nature for them to be looking everywhere, taking the room in, ready to spring to attn. at a seconds notice. I know better now, no way I'd want to date one now.

Jeanne
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I just like the sound of your voice.

*wink*

Jeanne
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

al you hve done for me...this is not fun at all the worrying and all..

but something is not right....i didn't complete my paragarap correctly above about the canada calls...

cody my 16 yr, old said a man from comcast called and wanted to talk to me..cody said she is gone and to call back and leave a message...

the man never called back...

i think this is some big time ring thing of identity theft...

well got to go get on my bank account and see if i can remember my password and stuff... at midnight things may post more info for me..i have to play detective....

jodie
  7. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

how simply AWFUL to have to go thru this. i feel badly and hope to hell that you get the $$ back TODAY and this 'theft ring' (canadian, israeli, or whatever) is exposed at the same time.

and, well, i was married to a firefighter captain. now divorced. i've always had the personal thoughts that cops have much more stress, still believe it. but there are LOTS that say firefighters have it equally.

all i know is that both are highly stressful. wonder why this police chief hasn't been taken yet???? hhmmmmm

i'm a single mom now too, have an 8 yr old son. keep us posted on what you find out today regarding your $$. GET IT BACK. i'll say a prayer for you.

kim
  8. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I heard a story on fraud, and eBay, etc. and they SAID DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ANYONE WHO REQUIRES A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, PERIOD, AND ESPECIALLY NOT TO CANADA.

There is absolutely no way to get it back, and if you send a personal check, they will start doing automatic deductions on it which aren't authorized, and the banks will do them, and they will clean you out before you know it.

I saw one of the credit cards advertised on TV and they give a special number, other than your main card, for internet and other charges, so no one on line gets your main number, and that sounds like a wonderful idea to me.
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just transferred mymoney out of the bad account inot new one...

so they are (bank) are beleiving me that had nothing to do w/this and gave me a provisional credit...while they go after the company for the money...

thanks everyone for your support..

jodie