II'M HAVING ONE OF THOSE DAYS AWFUL AFTERNOON

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Mar 14, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

Oh my friends I am losing it. I just cried for an hour straight. My (Asperger) daughter trash mouthed me and my family basically said I'm a hypochondriac.

I have been battling a cold for two weeks. All I do is hack and cough. Yesterday I got the news I might have glaucoma. There are pamphlets on glaucoma all over my kitchen table that they eye doc gave me. While I was being yelled at for being a hypochondriac, the GI's office called to schedule me a repeat colonoscopy for my Crohn's. I have a pill sorter out on the counter full of all the drugs I have to take.

With all this physical evidence how can they call me a hypochondriac? What is wrong with these people?

I feel like I am living in the twilight zone. I have cried so hard I feel sick. I just didn't need it today.

Oh I'm so sorry I just needed to vent. I know everyone here can relate to this.

Thanks

Michelle
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I can definitely relate. There are many people in my life who still just consider me a hypocondriac, despite my diagnosis.

Sorry you're having a rough one - I hope tomorrow is better. You're in my thoughts & prayers.

Take care,
    Leanne
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It seems like a lot of us are being called hypochondriacs this week, me too!

I just wanted to say that you are under a lot of stress for sure. Things will get a little better. I know how it gets with my autistic son, when I am stressed, it kind of triggers his mouth a bit, and we know they are just words, that the kids really have little control what they say and do unless everything is "lined up". They havce a neuro disorder too, I know it just gets to you at times, me too.

Hope things get better and the glaucoma turns out to be just a scare.

Love Anne C

Things will get better
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I see you need hugs today too...

When it rains, it seems to pour...

After everything you went through in the past months, now this glaucoma scare and to top it off, being labeled a hypochondriac...

Can it be your family is 'tired' of all you are going through??? I am from a family of five, everyone but I had health problems, major health problems, seemed like every day was a doc appt, a surgery scheduled, a pill counting party, etc...I was part of the family so I had to see this constantly...Granted, I learned compassion, but I also couldn't wait to be in different surroundings, to forget, even for a moment...

I know with all you are going through this idea would be the last thing on your mind...Is it possible to plan something (with the family) that's just FUN...It may be taxing on you and then again, it may not...We never know how we will feel on any given day but for me I have been trying to occupy my mind before I go completely insane...Funny, it's been working...For example, I went to auctions with my DH...Yes, I hurt and Yes, I definetely will be feeling this for days to come, but I did it without a complaint, without him having to hear how much pain I was in, how loud the people were, how bright the lights were, on and on...He asked me a dozen times if I wanted to leave, I just smiled and said "nope, I'm good"...I hadn't seen him so happy in years...

What I am trying to say is this...We don't seem to understand these dd's we are stricken with, we can't expect those around us to either...These dd's seem to get old, real quick, that's why I no longer associate with so-called 'friends'...Noone wants to sacrifice their time to be around someone who is sickly all the time...I am now one in my family who is the sickest... My parents are gone and my brothers are estranged (and strange, tehe)...And today would have been my Daddy's 74th birthday...He was so sick for so long and also tried not to complain...I took care of him til the day I signed the order to stop life support...I guess I learned enough about compassion and love that he only trusted me with his final days...

Try to remember that your family lives with this too...Sometimes they need to vent their anger with your struggle and so they send it your way...After all, you will understand what they are trying to convey, right? Your the mother, the wife, the daughter...You should know what they mean and how to handle it...Or maybe they just want you well again and maybe by saying the one right thing, you will miraculously get well...They will soon learn it doesn't work that way, that we would rather not be this way and they will learn to deal with a family member that is not healthy...

I know some of this went one way and I went another...That's my fibro brain at 6pm...I hope you know what I am trying to say...I know you have a full plate right now and people will tick you off more than ever...Remember you love them with all that you are, esp. your daughter, know you have nothing to PROVE or to be questioned about, you are what you are, dd's and all...

I believe better days are coming for you AND me AND everyone else here...For some reason we need to got through all this...I don't know why yet, but we will all get there.

Try to take a day and enjoy it with the ones you truly love, it really will help cheer you, on the inside, where we need it most...

Peace and Love to you...I saw your bump of the other post but I thought I would write here, seemed you needed a hug now!
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Just saw you on the other board.
    So sorry you are having a hard time.
    I gave you my suggestions on dealing with that stuff.
    I hope it can be of help to you.
    Thank you for taking the time out of your bad day to encourage me, that was very sweet.
    Take care, Claudia
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

I honestly think I am just plumb worn out from the tour the other day (college) and buying my other kid a prom dress, and getting ready for this birthday. And chasing a cold.

We just ate dinner, we are feeling better and a little more civil to one another now. Maybe we were just hungry. I know I can get real mean when I'm hungry like that.

I know my daughter can't help how she is. Sometimes I just forget. I know it's not personal.

I think we will head off to Target or Wal-Mart just to break up the evening.

Thanks for all the good support.

(((((Hugs))))))))
    Michelle
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

That's so unfair! I am so sorry that this afternoon has been so bad. Hope it gets better very quickly.

Sue
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

to let you know that I'm thinking of you,Linda
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

I think today will be a better day. I had a good nite's sleep and the cold seems to be less of an issue, so here I go and hope for the best!

Michelle

[ advertisement ]