IIS IT THE AGE IM AT? OR IS IT JUST A BAD SIGN...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Butterfly_of_grace, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

BREAST CANCER...
    Seems to be ALL around me lately...scares the crap outa me, all these people I know have it or have had it.

Im 39 turning 40 in June...seems like eveyrone aorund me is falling apart health wise, especially the cancer thing.

Is it just because IM coming of age where everything falls apart? Or is it something to fear that Breast cancer REALLY is striking SO MANY PEOPLE....and Im petrified. I often wonder if its hte area I live in too...who knows. I live in the mountains where there "should" be clean living but with todays environmental issues and a toxic dump site a few miles away (its been on the local and national news about the FORD TOXIC DUMP SITE here in NJ...well its in MY TOWN but across town in the old mining area and its listed as one of the Federal Governments worst dump site ever).

SOmeone shed some light...Im scared to death!!!! Especially wiht all the gyno problems I have right now.
    AND a small lump in my breast that the Docs all have blown off since I was 35.

thanks for your input.
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I live in Scotland near a BP plant and keep hearing about people with cancer, my brother is one. We also had a rechem dump close to us.

However, I have a dear friend in Vancouver, Canada (I lived there in the early 70s for 5 years) she has never smoked, drinks very little and has had a very healthy lifestyle.

Vancouver is a very environmentally safe and friendly place to live.

She has breast cancer, its not in her family, its totally unexpected.

So who knows how these things work, I do know that stress if really bad for you so try not to dwell on this too much.

love
    Rosie