I'll Be Gone A Few Days

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As most of y'all know, I've been planning to get a little nip 'n tuck surgery to correct some of the toll my illnesses have taken on my face. I hope to be able to return to work one of these days, and I don't want to look so tired, even if I feel tired.

Well, tomorrow is the big day, early in the morning. My daughter is coming down from Atlanta to stay with me for a few days.

I don't think I am going to be a pretty sight for awhile. I will, however, try to post the progress pics in my profile as I go along. There has been some curiosity about this procedure, so I thought a picture may speak 1,000 words. Y'all are going to see me at my absolute worst, so I warn you ahead of time. My pic as I look now is in my profile if anyone wants to do a comparison.

For those who do not know what I'm having done: I am having a neck lift, an eyelid lift, and the doc is going to laser resurface the skin all around the eye including my crows' feet. It only takes about three weeks for the lifted areas to heal, except for a little lingering swelling, but the laser work is another story. For the first three weeks, the lasered skin gets crusty and oozes. Every day, I have to wash the crusted skin off and put on ointment. After about three weeks of this, the skin itself will remain very red, fading over time. The good news is that I can use makeup to cover the redness.

Well, my friends, that's about it from here. I'll probably be in a Vicodan happy place all day tomorrow, but I'll check back in when I can.

Love, Mikie
  2. healthywannabe

healthywannabe New Member

Hello. good luck on your surgery, i hope all goes well. i will be praying for you. peace...ZOe
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I'm jealous!!!! I'd LOVE to do this, too, but I scar badly and have chronic angioedema and urticaria, so it has been suggested that I not try reconstructive procedures. I'd LOVE to have liposuction, a breast lift and reduction, a tummy tuck and I'd like to make my spider veins disappear! I have stretchmarks from childbirths and from longterm steroid usage, so I'd love to have something done, like a lazer procedure, to make them less noticeable. I like to watch this stuff on the Learning Channel, on a Personal Story, where people get all of these procedures performed. My face, at the age of 47, isn't bad. I've noticed a little sagging of my neck when I'm off the steroids and my face is less full, but that's really all...but my body is another story. I'm one of those who can't go to the tanning bed or can't get any sun on them and my legs look like chicken skin; I'd love to have pretty tanned legs. Plus, the tanning creams and sprays, etc. look bad as they wear off, so that's not an option for me. As I said, I'm jealous, but VERY happy for you. I can't wait to see the progress pictures!!!!! Thank you for sharing this with us....you're a brave woman and we all love you so much. It has been so nice to develop friendships with all of you and I thank you for all the support and knowledge I've received from you.
    I'll be praying for you to have a speedy recovery and one that isn't too painful. Keep in touch!
    With love,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2003]
  4. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

its a procedure that still uncommon over here, so i know nothing about it.

i look forward to you being back here and my best wishes for you to have a speedy recovery

love, Pinkquartz
  5. MelanieThebirdlover

MelanieThebirdlover New Member

Take good care, bye 4 now.....

Melanie
  6. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

Hi Mikie, You are my hero, I will be anxious to hear how you are doing and that you are OK!! I have been giving this serious thought myself since I look at my face and know this IS the only part of my life that is definetly at least 20 years ahead of its time!!!!(actually from when the left side of my face went into that paralysis it has left me a little lopsided,) LOL

Well Good luck to you and let us know how you are, OK?

Take care my friend......Pam2
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

....on your surgery! Years ago, I had deviated septum surgery, & expected face bruises for a while, etc.---surprisingly, I never had any of that & healed very quickly, so I'm hoping the same for you!! Take care & let us know how it goes!

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. KayL

KayL New Member

Mikie, good luck to you tomorrow. I hope you don't suffer too much afterwards. I only know one person who's had something like this done, and it was many years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing the healing process.

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Karen
  9. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I'm happy for you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery :)
  10. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

It can be a real Boost from what my Friend told me about her's. She had it done at a fairly young age, 48, and she still looks good at 62, she show's her age, but you'd think it was 50, she's still smooth and takes good care of herself.

I would too after what she paid, wow!

I will look forward to a good Report, that everything went well for you, and I know it will.

If your's turns out ok, I may make my Hubby keep his Promise to me when we first married. That when I got to be 50, I could have a Face Lift. I'm 9 years younger than him, been married for 23 years, and now he wants to renig on the deal, lol, say's I'm pretty without one.

I would settle for a Dentist that could make me Dentures that I could wear. A tough feat at this point, so what good would a face lift do anyway? with no teeth, who's gonna notice???

I'm thinking of calling Extreme Makeover's to see if they can find a Dentist who can make Denture's that a person who has CMP, can wear.

Anyway, good luck Mikie, I will look forward to a New Photo of you, when your all Healed.

God Bless You,
    sharon
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You guys are soooo sweet. I have a little time before picking J.T. up from the airport and decided to check the board one last time. What a nice surprise to see all your loving messages. I really appreciate it.

BTW, Spacee, the woman who coordinates all the surgery is a twin and she has had her own face completely redone. She had her eyes done like I'm doing, and she had a nose job and chin implant. She and her sister now look nothing alike. She is gorgeous and I would think her sister would want the surgery too, but she has no desire for it. Of course, I haven't seen what her sister looks like; she may be just as attractive in a different way.

I'll check back just as soon after the surgery as I can.

Love, Mikie
  12. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I am praying for a good experience for you. You are already very pretty, so now you should be beautiful!! You have been so good to me, thank you for that. Hope your recovery is really speedy!!
    Love, Deb
  13. AC77

AC77 New Member

I am glad you are doing something to help you feel better about yourself and hope the surgery doesn't cause excess stress on your body, as to cause a flare. I am sure it won't. I have seen only a few plastic surgies and actually saw a face-lift done once in my limited medical career! It's really KEWL!

Tell your docs about vitaims supplements, and meds you are on (I am sure you and and they have asked, but a lot dont ask about vitamins!) especially vitamin C, Coumadin, Asprin and other blood thinners along with all narcs. Only because they need to be able to control the bleeding and healing time. I have so much info on this. One doctor reccomends actually takin vitamin E before surgery another one doesnt, but both agree that the day after, to take ever increasing doses of Vitamin E 1000iu up to 1500ius and also vitamin C and Zinc 50-75mgs a day)

I know we can't give out websites on here, but here is one that offers a product, a copper-peptide solution that is so important for the skin in healing, it's SkinBio.c_ _
    I recommend the Copper serum. You can try the sample size, I think its product 90 or 99, its only like $19.00. It's not snake oil. I used it on my scars and it works. He has so many studies and patents on the stuff that even cynical me, is forced to believe it is good stuff for skin healing and aging.

Hope that wasn't leading. If it is please delete it. I think you will find the info in there really good and scientifically base and bet you would like to give it a try.
    I have NO intrest in the company but bought my girlfriend a bottle. Read you will see.

Good Luck... Ask the dock about an Objai peel, I am curious. Retin-A/Renova (same thing, tretinoin) is often used for aging skin and helps thin the stratum corneum before surgery. It's FDA approved. I use it for acne and to stave off the aging process (I am young) my girlfriend is using it too, but it is drying and needs to be started slow and titrated upward.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2003]
  14. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Hope healing is speedy and you get the results you are looking for I know you will hate the wait. After I lost the weight I told you on chat they would have to take a power vac to the top of my head to suck everything back up. This pain doe`s start to show. My friends always say they can see the pain in my face. Get an extra nip&tuck for me. Take care and get your rest.
  15. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Mikie, good luck on your surgery, i envey you, want to get it done someday myself, my doc says im not ready for it yet. Oh well, when i start to really sag, im going for it. Take it easy, speedy recovery, you are in my prayers. (((((((((((Gentle Hugs)))))))))) Reg
  16. RedB

RedB New Member

I'd give anything to be able to do what you are doing. I am so tired of people telling me I look tired! The skin on my face has drooped, and caused me to always look crabby!

Good luck, hon. We'll keep tuned to see how you are doing.

Kathy
  17. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I think its wonderful that your doing this for yourself. It will be interesting to see the progress pictures. I might have something done myself in the future. I`ll bet it will turn out beautifully.

Best Wishes!
  18. ozgran

ozgran New Member

to say Good Luck. Hugs Ozgran.
  19. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I wish you much luck with your surgery today. However i think you look awfully pretty in your bio too. I pray everything goes well for you.
    Love,
    Joannie
  20. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Good luck and take good care of yourself. No matter how long you are gone..you will be sorely missed!

Will be waiting for your updates!
    ...Sherry

[ advertisement ]