I'll never trust another doctor again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quilp, Nov 30, 2006.

1. quilp

quilp New Member

My GP put me on a high dose on antidepressants - lofepramine ( tricyclics ) Now, eleven years later I can't get off them, even very slowly. If I do try I feel very very tired, and then vunerable to other infections.
    Here in the UK antidepressants are given out like sweeties, without the long term consequences.
    I have cfs and whenever I try to reduce the a/d's my symptoms become worse.
    Rather then believe in my symptoms the GP sent me to a psychiatrist and gave me a/d's.
    Yes I do feel bitter.
    Mark
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I was on Doxepin (TriCyclic)for YEARS, taking 125-150 mg. at night for sleep. My new Doc in California, that I was treating with by phone, as I am in New York, put me on L-Tryptophan (creates Seratonin)1500 mg. On my own, over a period of a few months I weaned down to 10 mg. Stayed with that 10 mg for another 4 or 5 years and just finally dropped the last 10 mg. about 2-3 weeks ago. It can be done.

I also take DL-Phenylalanine to boost Dopamine. GABA and L-Theanine for sleep. A zillion other supplements, but those are my main brain supplements.

Maybe find a Longevity Medicine Practice or Integrated Medicine Practice and ask them to help you get off it, if that is what you want.
  3. Nimzovich76

Nimzovich76 New Member

You still need the Ducks but try to do your research first. Nowadays Drs are more interested in the prestige and making money than taking care of their patients.

Because they have too many patients and not enough time, their approach is rather trial and miss. They don;t study your medical history they just browse through it. They rather give you thyroid medication or antidepressants before trying to put any logic based on your symptoms or medical history.