I'll take you guys over any other support

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Nov 6, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

As a support group you are by far the best. Went to the support group for the 1st time today. Did not like it.
    Soft hugs.
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

As a support group you are by far the best. Went to the support group for the 1st time today. Did not like it.
    Soft hugs.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I know the members here will appreciate the compliment.

We do make an effort to be nice, friendly, helpful and supportive.

You have a goodevening.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Tedebear,
    I was just curious why???.....you did not like it. The nearest support group to me is 1 1/2 hours away. Guess you could save me some time.
    Karen
  5. epicurean

epicurean New Member

this is far better than support group I went to.All they did was complain,which we all do sometimes,but never had any helpfull ideas for anyone,or information.You guys are the best!!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I never joined a support group. Last month, I went to one at the local hospital and am planning to go back. The moderators kept the discussion on track and they seem to have guest speakers each month. I'll let y'all know how this month's meeting goes. Hopefully all of us on the board in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area will be able to attend.

Love, Mikie
  7. tedebear

tedebear New Member

The reason I did not enjoy my 1st support group meeting was that the Presenter was overbearing and dominating. She seemed like she was bothered when some of the newer members were trying to get some answers on doctors, treatments, etc....People were trying to speak with one another when she interjected and told everyone to be quiet and listen to her and the individual she was speaking to.
    The room got quiet. A video was shown on trigger points, but extremely detailed. Just not a warm enviornment. You walked away getting nothing out of the group. Very disappointing.
    However.......the people on this support site are warm, understanding, give insight to new and old issues. Give opinions but don't really tell you what to do (they let you decide what to do by letting you know what works for them). A whole different ballgame here.
    THANKS GROUP.....I'll stay and visit here.
    Soft hugs.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I believe our members are some of the most caring and sharing people I have had the privledge to know. Here, we realize that we are all different and react differently to various treatments. We agree to disagree on occasion and have some very lively debates which generate a great deal of info.

Love, Mikie
  9. pamela

pamela New Member

This is the best site I have ever found. Everybody is great and considerate not to mention informative!!! I ahve learned so much here...thanks to everyone!!! Pamela