Illness getting worse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by walt2, Jan 29, 2006.

1. walt2

walt2 New Member

Hi I don't get on here very much, so I am saying sorry to you all, as it is a great site. I have had CFS or ME now for over 10 years and been plodding along coping ok, now 3 weeks ago I became very ill, bad pains in my sholders chest pains (no not the heart, been checked) sleeping 14 or more hours a day and meany more problems. Has anyone out their had this, were you go for very long periods with just the medium level of pain and then BANG you get it all? And when do you think it will end?
    Thanks for any help
    Walt2
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

It just attacks when ever.Most of the time with no reason at all.That is what is so awful about this.Take it a moment at a time and don't forget it will get better maybe not completely pain free but better.I sometimes live in fear of when the next hard blow is gonna hit.I keep from doing things sometimes afraid I will suffer later but I have found no matter what I do or not do it is still gonna hit me off guard.I just try with all I got to try and stay as upbeat as I can.Now I don't always have the desire to be upbeat sometimes we all need to just be a bitty about it.I just hope that things get better for you and us all.
    Take care,
    Sheila
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

What you are describing seems to be part of the disease. At times I start worrying when the next flare will knock me down. I am, as you were for so long, plodding along right now. I had a major flare about 18 months ago and it took a good 6 months to start feeling like I was improving. I have now leveled out to some degree but still teeter between good and bad days.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I call it relapses and remissions.

I'm just coming out of a very, long relapse now, slowly but surely.

I never know how long my relapses will last, it can be days, weeks, months, best part of last year for this one.

I do always keep in mind though that I will start to improve and feel better for awhile although never completely without pain.

My daughter, who has CFS/Fibro, was diagnosed with Costochondritis two months ago, it's a viral infection that feels like a heart attack. I have since heard of two other people with it in my area although I had never heard of it before. Maybe you could ask about that.

love
    Rosie
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

until I started on the Coenzyme Q10. Now I only need about 8 hours of sleep, which is a big difference from 12 to 14.

I have FMS and I don't think I have CFS, but I'm not really sure.

It is things I do that cause pain, but lately I've just had a very hard month in January for pain. Seems I just can't seem to get out of the flare.

Hoping for a mild winter and that spring comes here quickly.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

I use to sleep 10-12 hours a day when they had me a DRUG that I wont mention, it was to RESTORE my sleep so I would have less pain-

You know we have to have deep stages of sleep to RESTORE our bodies...well after I got off this drug I cant sleep and the pain is awful-I take all kinds of pain meds but the tolerance has caught up to me....my next move is to get the "Jerry Lewis" pump to stop the pain!

Not one Dr will implant the device in me-in this state=== so I will have to go to California to get one....I have no life with this thing called pain....nightmear is an understatement..

Nothing works anymore---and I have tried EVERYTHING and have spent more money out of my pocket....just w3atching the clock waiting for tiem to end...sad, sad it is!
  7. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

Do you think major stress causes the BANG?
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I understand that all chronic illnesses, like ours, tends to come in flares or episodes. It is the same with bi polar and other neuro conditions, they tend to cycle on and off. Some of us cycle more rapidly than others and some are lucky and get some really good weeks between the pain, and others the pain never goes away, just goes from unbearable to even more unbearable. I am lucky my pain really subsides between flares-never get pain free, but seems that way!
    Feel better soon. Love Anne
  9. walt2

walt2 New Member

Hi, It could be stress as my wife has been told that she has MS. I thought that I was taking it ok, but now this has happened, I am not so sure.
    I would just like to say thanks to you all that replied and it is of great comfort that I am not alone with this, althought saying that, it does not take the pain away.
    My doctor who is very understanding, blames every thing on my CFS, and that worries me a bit.
    Thanks again
    Walt2