I'm a fibromite

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puhnken, Feb 5, 2003.

1. puhnken

puhnken New Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to the message board. I have been coming to this site for quite awhile, reading, getting information. I must say, this is one of my most favorite sites to visit that offers so much information. I suffer from FM, IBS, CFS, migrains, and the fog, which I am experiencing right now, cause I can't seem to think what else I suffer from! lol. Oh well, check my profile, I've listed stuff there. It's a pleasure to meet everyone. I plan on visiting the chat rooms and get to know everyone. So, thanks for being here, and have a great day!
    Deb
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

this is a great place to go for support and information. Sounds like you have all the "normal" affects from the FMS. I was officially diagnosed back in 98 but have had it for a very long time. Prior to being diagnosed I just thought I was a hypochondriac since all tests came back normal. I finally had to give up working over a year ago, just couldn't take the exhaustion and fatigue anymore. Hope to see yours posts on the board. I'm sure you'll be receiving many more replies.

Dara
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Welcome! I have FM & migraines, too. I just discovered (from seeing a CFS/FM allergist for the last several months) that I have some severe food allergies (because I really didn't suffer from the IBS, I never thought I had ANY food allergies). I think now that my migraines are probably related to the food allergies, but I'm still working on this. My allergist put my on a very restricted diet, of course (which I have a tough time sticking to---some of it I do fine with) and probiotics & digestive enzymes. I'm still in the learning curve with all this, and still getting bad migraines periodically.

I agree, this is a great site for learning a lot about these diseases & how to best take care of them----everyone has a slightly different way of treating FM/CFS, some rely on meds, some supplements, or a combination, plus diet & exercise in moderation----it's good to read what different folks have tried & what works for them----I've learned about a lot of new ideas here!

Glad to meet you here!

Hugs,
    Pam