I'm a Gramma!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Nov 3, 2009.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi All

Just stopping in to tell you all that the Baby has finally arrived!,,,,His mom was in labor for 36 hrs and finally had to have a c-section ,,,,but Mom and baby are doing great!!,,,,,Braiden James weighs 7lbs and is 21 1/2 inches a full head of dark brown hair big blue eyes and a squeal that will catch your attention!,,,,,,lolol,,,,anyway just wanted to let you all know and will post when i get home,,,,,,,,,Sis
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Ahhh, he sounds soooo cute! Glad it all turned out well after the long labor. Enjoy your adorable grandson!!

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

All the best to mom and Braiden.

Are they nearby? If you're not at home, are you at the hospital?

4. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

to you on the arrival of your new grandson...enjoy, he sounds adorable....grandbabies are the best!!!~~Jeanne
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

That includes you to gramma. Yes, the first is always extra special. I love that name too.

Granni (of 8)
  6. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

Sis -

You're now a member of the most wonderful club in the world. I absolutely love being a grandma, all 3 are special in their own way. I can picture you walking on air with a great big, proud gramma smile on your face. You'll soon get used to that feeling, I still get all warm and fuzzy when I see my "babies", and they're 12, 13 & 15.

Sounds like your daughter had a rough time but I'm sure she's forgotten all that now. Braiden James is now a part of our family so please give him a big hug & kisses from us all.

Take care on your drive back home, I'm sure you'll hate to leave.

Bunches of love for your whole family,

7. kjade

kjade New Member

What WONDERFUL news!! So happy for you! I'm sure you are so excited and overwhelmed right now. But I can't wait to hear all about it!

So happy for you ~ and congrats to your daughter!
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm back at the kids house tonight which is about 50 miles from the hospitial,,,The wheather is pretty nice so thats a plus for driving on the interstate,,,,I'm so very Thankfull for all your best wishes and will fill you all in more when i get home in a few days!,,,,,The baby is very laid back and just a doll,,,,he's going to be very spoiled!,,,with love and attention!,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,sis
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Congrats and God bless! You'll love being a grandma- I do!

10. jole

jole Member

Congratulations! As we all know, being a grandma is better than being a mother...although you have to be a mother to get there...lol... we can enjoy those little ones so much more! Aren't they just the most beautiful, precious, lovable, snuggly little people in the world? And of course each one is smarter than the last!!

Enjoy the new journey! .................Jole
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Finally made it home last night @ about midnight,,,,,Long drive!,,,,The baby is very laid back and just a doll!,,,,Mom & Dad are doing very well!,,,,They are definetly cut out to be parents!,,,,,,,,,

Thanks again for all your kind words and wishes,,,i am very appreciative of them all,,,,am floating on cloud nine,,almost forgot what it felt like to hold and feed a baby and to have the cuddles and soft cheek next to mine ,,,,,,all i can say is that it's heavenly!,,,,,,,,,,,,,HUgs!,,,,sis
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

to you and the new parents! Such an exciting and awesome, literally, time! I'd love to be a Grandma, if my kids were ready ...

all the best,

13. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Hi there Gramma, I am so so happy for you. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been on here for awhile so just now reading this. Just wanted to let you know that i am so happy for you.

Take Care,

14. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

on the new baby!! What a beautiful name! May he always put a smile on your face!

Blessings for mom and the new baby....and of course NannySis too!! So happy for you!!

15. sisland

sisland New Member

Thankyou both so much for the congrats!,,,It's hard that the kids live so far away!,,,,,But i'm sure they will visit often!,,,,,Hugs!,,,sis
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hi Sis!

I haven't been on this board for a year or more, I think. Oh well. I saw that you had become a grandma and wanted to congratulate you, Sis. Which daughter blessed you with this wonder?

I know you're probably up to you eyeballs in snow right now. Take care and love that new baby.

17. sisland

sisland New Member

Great to hear from you!,,Thanks on the gramma wishes!,,,,My middle gal and her husband have blessed us all with little Braiden James ,,,He's a cute little fella!,,,,,We don't have to much snow yet but it sure has been extra cold latley!,,,below zero for about a week now,,,,,,whats the wheather like where you live?,,,,,,,Miss having you around!,,,HUgs!,,,sis
  18. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

36 hours!!!! Wow! My mother said she had me in 45 minutes, so I looked at her and said sarcastically, "'Get me the heck out of here,' and then I popped out!" LOL!

That's a great name! Awe! Do we post pictures on here anymore? Its been so long since I've been gone and I'm still getting use to this new format.

Fight :)