I'm a grandma again Need prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Our daughter called tonight and told me that her baby boy was born. He weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. was 20 and 1/2 inches. She had a problem that I can't remember what the name of it was while pregnant. They will do kidney tests though to make sure everything is ok there. He has a problem in both hands/fingers. He is missing joints/knuckles, on two fingers, each hand. They noticed that his fingers were indented there, so will take x-rays on them also. If the only problem is that--the joints, that would be great. Let's pray that his kidneys are alright. He had problems getting enough oxygen at first, and he's not early. I'll know more tomorrow. I know also how my night will be. She has one son, is a great mom. She will do well with whatever she has to deal with, husband also, he is so good to his family..great son-in-law.
    Thanks, love, Cynthia
  2. vivian53

vivian53 Member

I am happy to her about your new family member. I know you must be very concerned about his possible health problems and didn't get much rest last night.

I am so glad the baby has such great parents. I will be sending out good, healthy thoughts to your family and keep you in my heart with the hope all will be fine.

I will read your subsequent posts for info about your grandson.

vivian
  3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

He has several problems with the fingers on both hands. His hearing test was bad...didn't know they could do that at that age. But the worst problem is possibly his heart. I guess there is a test where they do blood pressure in the arms and legs. It wasn't good. They are going to send him to another hospital, probably Primary Children's Hospital for a heart test.
    I found out what it was, not the name, but what caused this. He only had two blood vessels in the umbilical cord instead of the normal three. Didn't know that one missing could make such a difference, but I guess they were forwarned about there being most probable problems. Also, now the wait to see if there is any mental problems in the future. I would say that he "will" be loved, but...he already is.
    Thanks again, Cynthia
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I don't know what to say. We have a new little baby in our family, too, and everything is so anxiety provoking. To know that one's anxieties are, to whatever degree, warranted, is so very hard.

I read your first post and went off googling. Found out that abnormalities of the joints of the fingers and hands are quite common and came back today to tell you that. So sorry to hear it is more complicated.

Our little baby was very low weight although she was full term, late actually, and had serious jaundice and wasn't feeding. They kept her in the hospital for several days for treatment and tests but she's home now and doing fine. It was a hard, cold feeling of fear in the first few days. To some extent I know what you are feeling.

When I was looking at various causes of what our little baby experienced I saw some that were quite serious and could effect all aspects of development. I realized that our little girl was special whether she was "special" or not. That we are all unique and special. That she was ours and what was, was, and we loved each other and her and that was that.

I know what you mean when you say he is loved. That is the most important thing for him, isn't it. Not everyone is loved and that is the most tragic handicap of all. He is loved.

from my heart to your heart,
    Rafi

5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

His name is Gabriel.
  6. jole

jole Member

going up for little Gabriel! What a wonderful name...lots of strength and power there. My grandson was born weighing 1 lb. 8 oz. 14 years ago...has many learning disabilities, and had heart surgery. But he has the gentlest of hearts, and his middle name is Michael. I cried when I heard his name, it meant that much to me! He is soooo loved. We continue to worry about his future, but know with the help of God all will work out.

I pray that Gabriel does well. I pray that your family and you are given the strength you need to see you through this difficult time. Some days it feels as though you are on a roller coaster ride, but it will get better. Your love for the little precious baby boy will see you through, and help you provide comfort and aid to your daughter. I hope they live close enough for you to also enjoy the sweet baby smells and warm little breath against your cheek. Love***Jole***

I
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2009]
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Prayers for Gabriel that he will do well and prayers for you and your family.
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hope all will work out well for him and for the family. Having 5 children and 8 grand children I know what it is to worry about them.

Please do keep us all updated on his condition. I know how everyone always wanats them to be perfect with no problems at all and that doesn't always happen.

God bless you, the family and the new baby !
    Hugs,

Granni
  9. springwater

springwater Active Member

Congratulations on little Gabriels arrival into the family fold! Yes, it must have been hard to be told of his problems, but what a gift he has been born with..the gift of so much love from everyone....sending heartfelt prayers the little ones way, may he flourish and bloom....

God Bless
  10. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Blessing to you family...how is Gabriel?? I am praying for you and your beautiful family. I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you.

Hugs,
    Deb