I'm a Great-Grandma again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lilaclover30, Feb 16, 2009.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Sorry this is a trifle late but ............I can't seem to catch up on things.

My granddaughter called from N.C. on Sat., Feb. 7th to teel me that Caleb Henry, weighing 8 lb., 2 oz. had just entered this world just a few hours ago. we kniow it was to be a boy this time so that wasn't a surprise but no one knew the name.

Henry rather surprised me as that isn't a popular new name. Hubby's family back t0 his great-grandfather always named the first son a name that begins with "N". (that is til our first son came along and that tradition dropped.

Well, hubby always wished he had been named Henry so he could go by the name of Hank.
    So our sweet granddaughter used that name just to honor her grandpa.

Our daughter and hubby spent a week out there in N.C. and SHE SAYS "He is the prettiest baby of the 3."

I don't have any idea when we can see him. Got to see the other 2 the day they were born, just to the daddy's chagrin.

Every day seems so busy and, yes, hubby is still in the NH just 3 mi. out of town. Doing well.

Hope to talk later.

Gentle hugs to all,

Joan----Great-grandma of three beauties!!!!!!
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Looked up Caleb. An old testament name. See the story of Moses. One source said it
    meant "dog" as in faithful. Another said it would be more accurate to say it means
    "whole hearted".

Glad to hear hubby is doing well.

Yes, Julie is right about the message width. Go to your profile and click on "make narrow".
    I have to do it every now and then.

3. jole

jole Member

Those little ones are sooo precious! Hope you don't have to wait forever to see him...and I'm sure he's the most beautiful baby ever!

We miss you on the porch! Take care of yourself, okay?***Jole***
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

and your family. How wonderful. Glad the baby is a nice sized healthy one and granddaughter too. I really like the name Caleb. Nowadays, they are usining so many diffrent names, with lots of different spellings. Some I never had heard of. My granddaughter ( the only one) is named Meegen, not Meghan, of Megan, or anything like that. Her name will be mispronouced and mispelled all of her life, I am afraid. Glad everyone is nice and healthy.

Glad you are doing OK and your hubby too. We hadn;t heard from you in quite awhile . Someone mentioned that you had popped into the porch one volume but sorry that I missed seeing that.

Babies are so precious aren't they? The youngest grandchild we have is about 4. They grow too fast. One is 18, and the others are in between. Grreat granchildren are truly special !! I hope I am alive to see them !

Big hugs to you my dear . I know how thrilled you must be. Drop back on the Porch when you get the chance too.

[This Message was Edited on 02/17/2009]
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you lucky lady!! Caleb Henry is a beautiful name and I hope you get to see him soon.

6. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

OMG, that is wonderful news Joan. I am so happy for you and your family. Little Henry is lucky he has his Great Grandma and Grandpa. I absolutely love the name Henry.

7. springwater

springwater Active Member

Wow, wonderful news...a great grandma huh! And Caleb Henry is a nice name. I dont think its too common is it. Im sure you are going to look forward to seeing the little one. Best wishes to you and your family for this latest precious arrival.

God Bless