I'm a grouch...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynn3811, Sep 14, 2008.

1. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

so my wonderful husband said to me yesterday. He does not understand of course what I am going thru. But he does try to let my nasty, snide, unfeeling comments slide off his back.

And i honestly try to not be this way, but sometimes I say things that are not so nice, and I don't even realize that i have been so mean.

But if i look into his great eyes, i do see the hurt there. And i just die a little inside.
  2. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

Thanks jam! Sometimes it is just so hard to not let this get the better of us
  3. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

Thank you so much for your wise and heartfelt reply. Being today what I am, is not what I was before. I miss me. Loved to ride on the bike, camp, party with dear friends, go out to restaurants, and just have a good time with life. I try very hard to find the bright spots, but they do seem to be less and less of them.

But, I will try to take your advise to heart. I am a nice person, and my guy deserves more and better.

Thank you again

4. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I would be surprised if you were NOT grouchy. Dealing with any of this would make anyone grouchy.

It's hard to manage how we are feeling and let it not bleed out on others by accident. I struggled with that a lot.

Just have patience and love for yourself. You're doing the best you can. When you notice you did something you regret, be honest (like you are doing now) and apologize and talk about it. That's all I would ever expect from the people in my life.

Big hugs.

Being able to say "I'm feeling grouchy" is GOOD! It means you are recognizing how you are feeling and so few people actually do this. The world would be better if more people could be like you and just say it "i'm feeling grouchy". I try to do that as much as I can.

5. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I was reading your post and it came to me that you and your husband really are on the same side. You are both fighting the fibro/cfs ( not sure which you have?) Anyway , you are not fighting each other , but the inconvience this stupid DD has caused.

Maybe if you look at it this way , you can work together to find some sort of communication that will lighten up the situation so that you can diffuse the feelings. Maybe some code for the stupid --------- DD or some private code word that makes you both laugh.

Just a thought.