I'm a leaving on a jet plane

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinetee, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Christinetee

Christinetee New Member

to the UK to meet my girl I have talked with on here for over a year. She's has a lot of problems but I want her to see me for real that I do care.

I am soo worried that I'll panic upon meeting her. And the flight overseas is a bit scary. It's a night flight so I'm thinking I could take a Lorazepam to help me sleep on the plane. It's a 9 hour flight. I'm going for 5 days so my dog won't get too upset. He's staying with my parents while my husband works a lot.

I'm looking forward to going and at the same time, I'll be glad when I get back. It's something to venture off by myself so far away from home.

Lynda
  2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

hope you have a nice trip and enjoy yourself
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

lynda,

how fun to go somewhere new. i hope you hold up just fine just think positive and relax. if you need to take your meds then by all means do so.

jodie and i'm new to this website but not he fibromyalgia
  4. jenunsa

jenunsa New Member

I just recently completed a plane trip from AZ to MN for 4 days to go visit my friend. I was all stressed out about it, too. I was worrying about fainting at the airport or passing out at some point from stress and exhaustion or a panic attack or whatever. I, like you, took Lorazepam. And, I also, like you, left my pets in the care of my parents. I worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the visit and my friend would be disappointed and think I was crazy. ...Well, it turned out that everything went pretty much totally fine.

I did have a flare up of FMS but I'm dealing with it, as I was expecting that it would happen. And my friend understood when I needed to take a nap or opt out of doing something we had planned to do. So, all my worrying and anxiety was basically for nothing.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, just try to relax and don't let your brain make you crazy. :)
    Easier said than done, right?

Trust me, you'll be proud of yourself once you get back home, and glad you visited your friend. Even if you're flaring. And I'll even bet that the trip will seem like it's over too soon.
    That's how I felt.

Well, good luck and enjoy yourself in the UK. Have a spot of tea. :) You'll be fine, don't worry.

Peace.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is a good idea. We did that when we went to Europe. If there is jet lag, it usually occurs after the trip back home. Enjoy your trip and update us when you come home.

Love, Mikie
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

" don't know will I'll be back again..." I love that song !! Hadn't thought about it in a long time.

Have big fun!! Stay safe !!! Tell us all about it when you get back!!

Elsa
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

Hurray for you!!!!

Boy are your brave!!!! I could never do that in a million years!!!! Going alone to another country to visit someone that you have never met!! Gee!!! I would be sick from nerves. I am afraid of everything! I would worry about the flight, about someone meeting there at the airport, about finding her, about her not liking me, OMG about everything!!!I could not do it alone, but would possibly try it with a friend!

I hope your visit is a good one. One good thing is that there will not be any language barrier.

My parents took a 6-week vacation through Europe years ago and just loved it. They only spoke English and did run into some language problems, but it did not bother them, they seemed to make it through OK. They visited so many countries--on a guided tour--and said that they were all so lovely. They really wanted to go back on their own--with no tour--so they could roam around as they wanted. But then my father became quite ill and could no longer travel.

Hope you have a safe flight there and back.

I know this is so silly, but I watch a lot of BBCA channel (the British channel) on cable -- their home decorating shows, etc., and all the people from the homes they go in just seem so nice and so cheery--I bet that the whole country is like that! It gives me that impression. And I think they would have to be...with such a charming accent!! I just love their accent!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear about your trip when you return!

(((Hugs)))
    Janet