I'm a little worried

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendi, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I go for my follow up with the new rheumy tomorrow. He told me he would be changing my meds this time. I'm getting along sorta and the idea of starting all over with different meds which may or may not make me feel better is scarey. And,to top it off, I have a 1 1/2 hr drive there and another 1 1/2 hr drive home. My appt. is at 4:30. I usually go to work between 8:00 and 9:00 depending on how I feel. Well, my boss told me to be there no later than 8:00 wednesday, because she is taking her 18 month old to the zoo. I will be so tired, I dont' know if I'll even be able to move, let alone make the 30 min. drive to work. She's known about this appt. for 2 weeks, too.
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

That is the very reason i had to quit working. The boss never understood what i was going through. I am working toward getting my disability now and living on one income. At least I have that and I am glad to have hubby. I feel bad sometimes because I am not bringing anything to the table but I just couldnt do it anymore. I hope that your doc visit goes well, I have had to change medication 4 time in the past six months. If you feel like what your taking is working then try to talk him into keeping you on it. I know how doctors can be too though they think they know it all when most dont know diddly. I hope that everything goes well and try not to worry so much I know its easy said than done. We all understand what your going though, best wishes

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I also have a boss who doesn't understand illness at all. His wife is a whiney kind of person and makes him do everything at home, so I think he just doesn't want to hear any more complaints when he gets it at home all the time.

My doctor is an hour away from my job so I understand how tiring it is. I have fibromyalgia and endometriosis and am still working full-time. It is exhausting to drive that far especially after working all day or most of the day (depending on the time of the appt.). Also, it is not uncommon to wait an hour or more in the waiting room to see the doctor. I find it scary sometimes to be so exhausted at the doctor's office and not sure if I have the energy to drive home. Have made it so far. I turn on the radio and have the window down in the warmer weather to help keep me awake. I know it's not good to drive when you are this tired. Good luck to you. Let us know how you made out.

Ellen