I'M A NEWBIE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tommiel, Aug 21, 2003.

1. tommiel

tommiel New Member

I was diagnoised with fibromyalgia 3 years ago.Iwas first diagnosed with osteoarthritis by my dr.as i got worse he sent me to a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with this DD I also have high blood pressure that is hard to control due to this DD.I am so glad for this message board it has been a blessing for me. I have been reading on the board a few weeks and have learned so much.Iwas reading Poll Name Your Symtoms Please i have every symtom that was listed.And all the crazy stuff that goes with this disease.It helps to know you are not alone in this battle.

Thank you
    tommiel
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Tommiel, welcome to our world. Glad you decided to join us.

Yes, when I first read this board, I was in awe of all they things I had been going through was right here too!

I have been here now over two years, and I learn something new weekly.

Due to all the good advice, I am at the least 80% better than when I first started on this board.

I know you will get a lot of help also, and am very glad you are with us, keep reading and asking questions, we have a lot of very informed people here, and they are more than glad to share their experiences with you.

Again, welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. bamboo

bamboo New Member

so glad to have you jump in! look forward to reading your posts and hope you're around often. i have a question: i have high blood pressure and also have trouble regulating it because i have difficulty tolerating the medications. what about this illness do you see as making it difficult to control your bp?

julia
  4. bamboo

bamboo New Member

wow - i just read your profile and discovered that we have the same birthday, except i'm one year older. so, a belated happy birthday to you!!
    julia
  5. tommiel

tommiel New Member

I realy don't know why it effects my bp that is what my dr said was causing it to be hard to control i have had this problem about 10 years before i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.Ialso have problems with medication.Iwonder if it has to do with the stress and anxiety of this disease.And i also have the sleep problems that may homething to do with it.Thank you for your welcome to the board.

6. tommiel

tommiel New Member

Thank you for the Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday to You.

tommiel
  7. tommiel

tommiel New Member

Thanks to all the nice welcomes.And thanks again for all the help i have gotten to understand more about coping with this disease.

tommiel
  8. Believe

Believe New Member

Hi! tommiel, Welcome to the best and most informative site with the best group of all. Hope you get good info to help you with this DD. I have FM/CFS and all that goes with it. But, we have to keep on Praying and Hoping that very soon they will find a cure or at least 1 pill to do the job instead of all these pills we have to take just to be able to function.
    Again, Welcome to our world!!!

Believe
  9. pixipip

pixipip New Member

I'm a newbie too, isn't this a fantastic site, the people are sooooo wonderful, welcome and I'll look out for your postings.
    love & Light,
    Jacqui.