im a psycho lately.. please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyk902, Sep 16, 2008.

1. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

ok so lately i feel like im a time-bomb, i snap at every little thing that bothers and me and it seems like that's anything and everything. im normally such a laid-back person but recently everything just sets me off and i get in these horrible moods and i just don't know how to handle it! my boyfriend is a serious trooper because he's been dealing with it and i hate to pull the "its because i have CFS" so i really don't have an excuse for it. i just don't knwo what's goin on, i feel like maybe i've just been frustrated because i'm so sick of being sick.. but how can i stop from being such a psycho! i hate acting like this
  2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

I know how you feel. I was 22 when all this started for me. I tried to keep the "normal" life and it just made it worse. I had CFS first which took me out of the loop for about a full year. I worked but barely and my social life went away completely.

I was always frustrated with myself. I didn't know for a long time what was wrong and then when they told me, I went into denial. I even started to think it was in my head. It took about three years before I finally said, "OK. I need help." My anxiety and frustration was too much. My councelor had been trying to get me on Lexapro for two years and I wouldn't do it. When I started taking 10mg of Lexapro everyday, it changed my life.

I stopped feeling guilty when I couldn't do things. I was able to finally grieve for the loss of my "normal" life. I finally accepted this for what it is... Today, I'm happier than I've ever been. It's hard to stay that way when day after day I deal with feeling so bad. I have a great family, work environment and boyfriend that help out a great deal too.

Everyone is different, you have to find your own peace with this disease. I hope you find it soon.

Good luck.
  3. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

thanks wendy that was kind of inspiring lol and probably what i needed to hear to make me feel better about this crazy thing we have. im so glad you're happy bc no matter how bad our lives can be because of this, we have to accept that this is OUR life and do the best we can. i just feel like i get in these horrible moods sometimes and i just don't know how to get out of it.. and they're over the LITTLEST things, like the other day i was mad that my boyfriend wanted to go to the mets game with his friend. WHY! I seriously still have no idea, because normally i would never care but i was like upset about it.. which is so out of character for me.

also i've had liver problems so im really skeptical about taking any "real" drugs, so maybe i can look for a more natural alternative..
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2008]
  4. spacee

spacee Member

Bless your heart. For the moods. If you feel like it might be depression (low serotonin), 5THP which is sold here and at Vitamin stores might help. If you think you could use a mood elevator (low dopamine), strong coffee/expresso and dark chocolate might help.

I have purchased Starbuck's cause I found a grocery store where it was being discontinued and it definitely helps me but doesn't last but a few hours. Even a coke and the 100 calorie chocolate cookie pack is noticeable to me.

I think I am severely low in these two chemicals. and Hope to get them tested Thurs.

Hope this might help you...

5. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

When I get like you said you are(really...quite often), then I either tell my hubby "I"m sorry...Just ignore the nasty things I am saying. Please believe i love you." Or, I just walk away muttering.. and tell him to stay away.. I really am in a bad mood," and if he values his sanity, just stay away. i shut myself in the bedroom. And I wait.