I'm a vegetarian so I don't know how to do WW

Discussion in 'Weight Management' started by keke466, Aug 10, 2010.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I don't eat meat but lately every now and then I've eaten a little bacon and ham. I will not eat chicken,beef or fish. I've wanted to try WW but everything I see has meat in it. I wish these weight loss companies would realize that not everyone eats meat. Any recomendations?
  2. keke466

keke466 New Member

No not all vegetarians are thin. You're thinking of the actresses that eat next to nothing.LOL... I know a few that are overweight and I've seen some on tv shows. I have to admit I do eat alot of carbs. But I still wish these weight loss people would consider us.
  3. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I needed to lose weight, and was thinking about WW, but i don't eat meat very much either. I am almost a vegetarian..., but then I decided to change my eating habits.....I lost 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months......This is what I do now...

I eat very little chicken, very rarely actually. Maybe once or twice a year I will eat red meat. I sometimes eat tuna fish, but again very little. No dairy, eggs maybe 2-4 a month if that.

My protein is based on beans, nuts, seeds, a small bit of cheese, and steel cut oatmeal which does have protein.

I eat tons of veggies, no butter, but sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top of it when heating...

Fruit, fruit and more fruit...I eat maybe 4-6 slices of rye bread a week. VERY LITTLE pasta and when I do, it's always Whole Wheat, no potatoes, not starches, and the biggie.....No sugar, or sweets, For a snack, it's fruit and nut trail mix, or 1 cup of raisins and fiber one cereal dry, or fruit... Got to love the fruit....

Through out the day if I am hungry I will eat any of the above, but limited amounts, but meals I eat tons of the above.......

Hope you can figure out the WW.....

4. Spacey

Spacey Member

weight watchers does have vegetarian meal plans and recipes. If you use a meat recipe you can always take out the meat and use beans or vegetarian ingredients. WW works for both.