I'm ALWAYS SICK. one thing after another - THANK U 4 YOUR HELP !!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Jan 19, 2003.

1. achy

achy New Member

I am about to loose my mind. My body is falling apart and it doesn't seem to matter what I do to try and help it.
    I eat oatmeal for brkfst, a salad or fruit @ lunch, a healthy dinner w/ veggies...yes, I do indulge in chocolate.
    I do not smoke or drink. I take all my vitamins
    But none of that matters...

I was on Levoquin, an antibiotic, the entire month of december for chron. sinusitus. I also took Prednesone. I finally started to feel better and
    WHAMO
    NOW Doc says I have diverticulitus. DAng...MORE PAIN.
    Taking Flagyl and Cipro for 14 days...have to have the dreaded colonoscopy in one month.
    I can't take anymore, physically or financially!!
    I was supposed to finally have a nerve conduction test done, but got the Divertic. day before it and had to cancel..can't aford it anyway, just got bill for CT scan of sinuses....Have to let the cause of my weak arms, hands and legs go for a while longer...

What am I supposed to do. I was a lot healthier (and happier it seems) when I smoke, drank, and ate chocolate regularly!! What am I doing wrong??

Going back to bed...AGAIN
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy

[This Message was Edited on 01/20/2003]
  2. roomrat

roomrat New Member

Howdy- depending on how long it's been since you gave up smoking, that could be effecting how you feel now. Nicotine takes a while to really get out of your system- sometimes weeks to a few months. One bit of good news- if you're concerned you're losing your mind, you probably aren't!!!! I haven't met too many actual lost minds who were concerned about it!!!! :) It takes a while to find a routine that works for each individual. Hang in there... something I tell myself is that the pain can't kill me (may feel like it is, but at least fibro isn't terminal!) and it will get better (some days I believe that, others I tend to doubt it)!!!
  3. onesmileymyley

onesmileymyley New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. I am always in pain myself at the young age of 29 it really sucks. I do see a chriopractor and take malic acid with magneissum and that seems to really help alot. I can function alot better and keep up with my 5 little ones
  4. pearls

pearls New Member

You are NOT losing your mind. You're sick. And you are probably not doing anything wrong, either. However, I'm too new to this to offer anything other than the following:

Make sure you 1)Get the rest you need, and 2) keep stretching those muscles. Both of those things are difficult for me to keep doing, but both seem to be absolutely essential.

I'm with you, though. I also sure wish more money was being spent on finding out what causes our pain and suffering and finding ways to ease it.

Soft, warm hugs (I could use a few, too),
    -Pearl
  5. ejay

ejay New Member

achy when i read your letter i just wished i could give you the biggest hug but since i can't, i can tell you this i have had both the colonoscopy and ican't remember the name but the one where they go in thru the mouth done at the same time because of other medical conditions it took a year to find a dr willing to do it and then only if i agreed to not being under and only having my epilepsy med no other seditives i had no choice so i did it and you know what it was'nt that bad at all ive had alot worse.everyday it does seem like somthing else but i know this will seem hard to believe right now but as time goes on it will get better it all goes with attitude on bad days when someone ask how my back or joints are i say i don't know were not speaking today as for cost are you canadian if you are there is all kinds of programs available to cover everything drugs and all incuding homecare write me back for more info. i've been here since 89 it has made me stronger in some ways more compassonite and alot more aware of others pain so it hasn't all been bad. hang in there honey signed ejay[i must admit i have had the blessing of a great husband which gives me the strength and determination to beat this]
  6. RedB

RedB New Member

Chocolat, could you possibly e-mail me? I'd like to know what the ingredients are in the Ambratose that you take. The "product information sheet" link on their webpage is not working. I'm beldorth@triton.net

Thanks

Kathy
  7. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Hope you feel better soon. It does seem sometimes "when it rains it pours!" Hang on you'll be thru the storm soon!

BTW: Did your Doc put you on a special diet for the diverticulitis? It sounds like you may not be on one from the menu you gave...something to check into.

Susan B.
  8. dlizard

dlizard New Member

interesting..... I keep saying that I keep having one thing after another and I'm about sick of it too... noone has any answers....I had a sinus thing and took antibiotics in december and now have the gut thing going on BAD! I also have noticed that it doesn't seem to matter what I do.... the healthier I try to be the most sh*t I deal with..... I'm wondering about something a friend told me about... another autoimmune disease.... she couldn't remember LOL>>> ( she has what we have! LOL) and said she'd find out what this lady she knows has this week.... I'll let you know! COuld be some of us have different components of all of this.. who knows!Good luck!
  9. healing

healing New Member

You know, Achy, you have been on so much medication that it in itself may be a cause of your misery. All those antibiotics, while killing off the nasty bugs (and that may be causing some of your problems), also are killing off the good ones. Try eating a live-culture yogurt every day for a while to see if it helps you feel better. Also, flush out your system by drinking lots of water.

Don't worry about your colonoscopy. It's not going to be anywhere near as bad as you fear. You can watch it on tv! They give you something to drink to clean you out (I always thought the enemas were the worst part, and this is SO much better)and then pump some Valium in to relax you and your colon. Piece of cake. It'll be over before you know it.

One thing that has helped me tremendously is trying to take the long view. Your current misery is not going to last forever, so you just have to get through one day at a time and eventually you will come out the other end.

Peace to you!

10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You sure are getting more than your share right now. You are not losing your mind, we have all been there at one time or the other.

Strange as it may seem, its not anything we do, its just the illness kicking you in the butt all at one time.

I have been feeling almost normal for close to a year, but for the last few days I have had a bout with the sinus, then the bronchitis. Have not had this in a long time, and it actually made me angry that I felt this lousy!

What did I do to cause it? exactly nothing! It took years for me to realive that Its not ME, its the Fibro! I don't question what I did to cause this anymore.

At least the Fibro pain in not kicking in, just the misery of sinus and bronchitis. It could be worst.

I went to shop for an outfit for a wedding I am invited to in Feburary, but got tired and only bought a pair of boots, and two sheet sets that were on sale. No suit or dress. I decided to wear something I already have, less hassle that way.

I have been putting how face cloths on my face to drain the sinus cavaties, thats the only thing that really will get them to drain for me. Even my nose is swollen right now. Looks like someone punched me smack in the nose!

Stay calm, try to rest as much as possible, put a warm mist vaporizer on, and stand over a pot of hot water with salt in it. That will help the sinus as well as the darn bronchitis.

Geee, maybe we both need a drink, cigarette, and some good dark German chocolate!!

What would you like to drink? I like Vodka with grapefruit juice with the glass frosted with salt!! How about you?

Take care, and get some rest, this too 'shall pass'!

Shalom, Shirl
  11. achy

achy New Member

Your replies have made me laugh and cry all at the same time!! I have to remember the "body and I are not speaking -perfect.

I am feeling MUCH better this AM...no abdominal pain!! Naturally the depression is better too, just by not being in pain like that....Day 3 of Wellbutrin...we'll see.

Just to clarify - I was on a liquid diet for three days - yucko I hate jello. But I do love Swansons veggie broth - try it, its very flavorful. I gradually have been adding a bit of fiber, the oatmeal, made wiht water, no milk cause of cipro & flagyl.

I am also taking acidolphilus (sp lol) caps..don't want those yeasty beasties getting me too. I was taking them before the divertic, but I think my body was so run down they couldnt keep up.

I find it helpful that somebody else has the EXACT same thing going on....we need to look into this further..coinsidence?

When I get over this mess I am thinking of stopping all meds...I am sure they are contributing...
    Soma
    Oxycontin
    Wellbutrin - just came off Zoloft
    Just quit PERCOCET...DANG LIGHTBULB...DUH
    Then I have Asthma meds...3 more
    I also take my A C E S vitamin regimin, & multi, magnesium and calcium citrate...

I know this too shall passs...I just wish it would hurry up!!

Thanks ya'll...you are a sanity & life saver.
    Gentle huggs &
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy