I'm amazed it's ONLY dry eye-Sjogrens

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Jan 10, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

The pain I've had in my eyes have been out of this world, it felt like they were going to break, like a "eyeball migraine" if that makes any sense. I went to the eye doc. becuae they wanted to see my eye condition because of my RA. I thought I had Glaucoma or something. I thought, Gog, how can dry eyes hurt that bad?! Anywho, got some eye drops that is supposed to help with tear production. they help a LITTLE BIT, and onlt for a short while (an hour or so). I would guess I have Sjogrens then, and probably had it for a few years. How does this eye dryness feel to you? Is it really that painful, or do I have something else that I don't know I have? My new doc already told me my RA meds are not cutting it, so he want something better, i guess that should help with Sjogrens too, since it is auto immune. I have this eye pain more or less non stop, every day, I am not interested in living with it for ever. It is very bothersome. This pain is different than muscle pain or limb pain. Anyone have any experience to share?
    [This Message was Edited on 01/10/2006]
  2. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

pain but I do have extreme discomfort. Dry, gritty like I have something in them that is bothering me.

Sometimes I have mild pain but nothing like what you describe. Has the doc told you why it is so severe? Have you seen an ophthalmologist? You should, if you haven't.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Maybe I should. I asked her about the pain, she said, yes, it causes BAD pain. I just didn't feel right about it. She was very stressed and distant, everything went VERY quick. When I look close in the mirror to see what's in my eye, I can't see anything anymore, just blurry, compared to seeing clearly just a month ago. The Plaquenil I take for RA is known for causing eye damage in rare cases, it might be doing that. Although that may have nothing to do with the eye pain I've had for years. I will follow your advice.
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

thinking of it, isn't that what she was, an MD eye doc?
  5. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

You need to see an optholmologist asap. Marie
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Would that be the same as an Optometric Physician? I've been searching Qwest Dex, this is what I can find, the closest in Spokane about 2-3 hours away from me. I hope you read this.
  7. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

and worst for me is when they start stinging and going in and out of focus.

Can you believe I took it for granted that is is just, "how I was," and didn't even tell my GP about these symptoms?

I went from hard contact lenses (and loving them) to having to wear prescription SUNGLASSES because I could no longer handle indoor lighting -- or even streetlights outside in the pitch dark -- because my eyes would start to water, sting and go out of focus.

Once in a while I get a headache of the eyeball. It basically feels like someone with an invisible thumb is pressing your eyeball "into" your head. Othertimes, it's like my eyeball feels like a painfully swollen balloon that's about to pop. These symptoms only happen once in a while, but it's pretty scary.

No glaucoma here, either. Eye drops don't work for me, but I have to admit, I haven't tried every brand on the market.

Even though I am sorry that you are suffering, it's so good to see that I'm not the only one suffering from crazy eye symptoms. Best wishes.[This Message was Edited on 01/11/2006]