I'm Baaaaaaack

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry to all of you who may not have known that my kids were here for the extended weekend; I really wasn't ignoring y'all. We were just having so much fun and going to the beach that they plum wore me out. They left early this morning and I'm taking it easy today. I did a search on my name to try to be sure no posts to me got lost, but I'm slow getting back to a couple of you.

I'm tired, but in a good way. It's amazing how a loving family can boost us up just like a big ole vitamin :) My daughter is making some progress with her FMS since being on the Guai. I hate it that she takes Prozac, but she says it is a big help for her pain in her hips and legs. I gave her some SomerSweet and Suzanne Somers' latest book, along with some ProHealth colostrum. She is going to order the whey and Jarro-Dophilus when she gets home. I am so thankful that she gets restful sleep, even though she sometimes needs to get extra sleep. So many with our illnesses sleep and sleep and sleep without awaking refreshed. I am hoping that armed with knowledge, some changes in diet and lifestyle, and a supportive husband, that she can start healing. She is so much better now than a few months ago.

My other daughter with FMS, vulvadynia, and interstitial cystitis has made very good progress, but she and her husband have had colds and couldn't make it down. I think the stress of losing their dog to cancer recently made them vulnerable to getting sick.

Our family is an example of how it is possible to improve our health and I hope it gives y'all optimism. Don't give up and don't give in. It takes a lot of willingness to make some fundamental changes in lifestyle, diet, and treatment, along with trial and error and a lot of patience, but it is worth it. I wish there were a formula for healing which would help us all, but there just isn't. We each have to research and experiment with various treatments.

It has taken me longer than two years to go from being bedridden a good part of the time to where I'm hoping to return to work this summer. What I have done may not work for everyone, but I think that for some of us, and maybe most of us, it is possible to improve. I pray every day for all of us and for a cure. In the meantime, my friends, laugh, love, and keep on keepin' on.

Love, Mikie
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I am so glad you had a positive R&R. I wanted to mention your daughter who lost their beloved pet. My heart goes out to them. Every once in a while I will come across a pic of my beloved "monkey-dog" and it hurts.

God bless and welcome back. Love CactusLil'
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for your good wishes. Jelly, I'm glad you are able to find a good dose for the ABX where there is no swelling.

Yes, Lil, friends to the end! I remember when you lost your baby. It's so hard; I don't think we ever really get over the loss of a beloved pet.

Carla, I had to laugh when I read your response. Some days, I think my cognitive problems are so much better and then I read one of my posts where words are misspelled or completely missing and realize I'm not doing that great.

BTW, I'm not so self-centered that I would expect anyone to notice my absence for a few days, but I did have some posts to me which I had not answered, and I didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring him or her.

Love, Mikie