I'm Baack//Why I've been MIA.......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by solarStar, Sep 11, 2007.

1. solarStar

solarStar New Member

Well,

Hello to all my old friends and to all the new visitors to the Chit Chat board that have come in my abscence! I have not had the internet for over a month due to the fact that we bought a new house!

We sold our mobile home and bought a house built in 1932 that was in VERY good condition! It is wonderful to finally have space to move, including a playroom for the girls, a formal dining room, a basement and a two car garage! We now have two floors, three bedroom and two bathrooms with a huge kitchen and entry/laundry room! I dont know if I ever want to leave agian. lol

It took alot of surface work to ge the house to the way I wanted it before we moved in. We painted everything, I refinished all the cabinets in the kitchen and laundry rooms, replaced some windows, removed 7 trees fromt he yard, all new knobs and handles, and of course new curtians, bedding and furniture for all rooms! It was a lot of work and being that I did most of it by myself with two kids I am very glad that the work is over and now it is finally time to move our stuff in and make it home.

My oldest daughter Jos started Kindergarden last week and my youngest is really missing her as are myself and my hubby. It is a very big change for us with her not home all day. But it will give me a little more time to get the house in order as well. lol

I am feeling good but very tired after such a busy 2 months. Having some pain still from my back injury but not much and my OCD is mostly undrcontrol as is my depression so things have been going very well for us.

The weather here is FREEZING for this time of year! Brrrr It got down to 40 degrees last night and it has maybe hit 65 durring the day and usually we are still in the eighties to high seventies at this time of year! I hate summer and winter but love my fall and am disappointed that it seemed to have skipped me this year! But the colors are there so at least that is a plus.

I just wanted to say Hi and to let yall know that I was back and why I have been gone. I will try to get a pic in my profile of the house tomorow morning when hubby gets home to help! lol

Blessings and Prayers
    Star
  2. solarStar

solarStar New Member

We have knotted pine closet and cupboard doors upstairs, in fact one whole wall in the bathroom is!

I always wanted an old house and would never have bought a new one. Not only becaue I think it is a waste of land to always build new when there are perfectly wonderful houses out there already, but becaue older houses have such CHARACTER! lol

We have the original hardwood floors in the dining and living areas and all the original cabinets although I did refinish them due to knicks and scratches.lol Our windows have the neat little pane seperaters that are common in older houses. Unfortunately next year I will have to replace a few because they are to far gone to refinish or save. I love the three inch hardwood baseboards throughout the house and the cielings are all 9 feet high on the main floor! It almost echos in here. lol

Thank you for posting back. And I look forward to posting some more pics of the house throughout the next few weeks as I get it all decorated inside. lol

Blessings and Prayers
    Star
  3. solarStar

solarStar New Member

Today hopefully will see me getting some much needed cleaning done and some more decorating so I can post some pics! Thank you for posting back and yes to the one who wrote I think it was lindy...we have talkeed before but I was used to be AliGrace.lol

Blessings and Prayers
    Star