I'm Back and My Wedding was Beautiful

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaiasmom, Apr 26, 2006.

1. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Hello Everyone!!

It has been so long! Vacation was sure nice though. Much needed, I have to say. Well, I left the wedding planning in the right hands anyways. Steve's dad and step-mom made their yard beautiful & the weather was hot & sunny. Even the kids behaved wonderfully, and they were part of the ceremony, so that could have gone either way! I am so proud of them!

So, after the wedding we took a family trip with Steve's dad, step-mom & 2 adult sisters to Myrtle Beach & it was beautiful there also. Everyone else played with the kids & I got to relax. I got a tan on the beach, did some souvenire shopping & sat on the balcony of our room just listening & watching the waves roll onto the beach.

So, I came home relaxed, but unfortunately the traveling home from North Carolina to California has me in a terrible flare. With the driving to & from airports, waiting around & flying it was a 14 hour day - way too long for me. Oh well, we're back home now. I could use another week to recover from the trip home, but I'm out of vacation time now, so I'm right back to work. Oh well, it was all worth it.

Now we're thinking of moving back there. My family is in CA, but NC is Steve's home & his family is wonderful. There are a lot of them too, so we would have a great support system there - much more than we have here. It is a much slower pace of life back there. It was an eye opening experience for me. We passed a funeral procession on the road, and everyone actually pulled over for it. No one does that around here (I live in the Bay Area).

Driving around anywhere back there everyone waved at us - even if they didn't know who we were. Around here you're likely to get a middle finger flipped at you if anything, never a friendly wave.

It will be hard to leave home, but we will never be able to buy a home here in CA. It just costs too much here(Even the groceries were way cheaper there)!! We even have land in NC already, on the same street Steve's whole family lives on. So, we'll have to work some things out, but we'll probably be heading out that way next summer. I can't wait to have some space of my own!

Well, I'll wrap this up now. Take care everyone!

Leanne
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2006]
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I'm so glad the flare waited until the way home.

Congratulations, I'm sure you were a beautiful bride!
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I hope mine ends up being that way. Right now, it's stressful planning it, and Ron's family/friends are interferring and making demands, so we'll see.

We've planned to keep our honeymoon short, less than a week, and not travel far. I already know that's what I need to do, so I'm not wiped out for a week or 2 after.

Jeanne
  4. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

5. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

So glad your wedding was beautiful. Every bride and groom deserves that! Congratulations! And I wish you a very happy life together. May you help one another accomplish your dreams. May you make many beautiful memories and share lots of laughter.

Abluv

PS be sure to type your username in the search box, you got
    a lot of mail!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I love the South. It is much slower and more friendly here. I live in SW FL but am considering moving close to Atlanta to be near my family. I have a good friend living in Myrtle Beach. NC and SC are very nice. I just got back from Atlanta and the Azeleas were in bloom everywhere. It is beautiful.

Hope you recover soon. You have some lovely memories of your vacation and wedding.

Love, Mikie
  7. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I have been wondering lately when you would get back. I am happy to hear that the wedding was lovely, and not stressful.

Congratulations,

Jana
    [This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I am so glad that things worked out well for you...although I'm sorry about the flare.

I saw on tv recently that many people are moving from places like California to places where the cost of living is sooooo much cheaper.

Good luck going back to work...

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  9. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

It's good to be back! I appreciate all of the well wishes - you are all very sweet.

Take care,

Leanne
  10. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

Hi Leanne,

I'm so happy that your wedding and honeymoon were so filled with good times!

You are right about life in the south. My whole family is from Alabama, though my immediate family moved to CA right after I was born.

I was back there last Thanksgiving and there really is nothing like it. I'd love to move back there, but relocating is not an option at this point in my life :)

I will be jealous when you move!

God Bless,

julie (is free!)

Sweet home, Alabama
    where skies are so blue..
    Sweet home, Alabama
    Lord, I'm comin' home to you.. - Lynyrd Skynyrd