I'm back and want to share story of a good samaratin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Nov 14, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi all- I got my computer back today but they didn't send my power cord back. So I just want to share a story that happened to me this week.

After a long day of appts, visting a freind and and eye exam, I stopped for a few groceries at the the store.

My mind was somewhere else because I left my purse in the buggy at the grocery store in the parking lot.

I loaded my bags, walked the buggy over to the return buggy here area and walked back and got in my car and drove off. I had got my keys out of my purse to unlock it and put them in my pocket.

I drove 14 miles home, unloaded my groceries and realized my purse was gone. I new what I had done. I called the store and they said they had it.

I usually don't carry much money but that day a freind that I helped out a while back, paid me back that day $500 cash and I had a 1/2 carat diamond ring that was my grandmothers. It was a 3 stone ring and I had taken it to the jewelery store to have earrings made and the 3 rd stone I left in the ring for something else someday.

My heart sank when I realized what I had done. I didn't ask the store if everything was there, so the drive was the longest 14 miles to get there, just praying the whole way.

I walked up to the counter and there it was. The girl handed to me and everything was still there. I couldn't beleive it. She said a older gentelman pushed the buggy in and told the desk that he found it in the parking lot. He didn't leave a name of a number.

I don't know which angel was with me that day but I am sure glad they were.

Just a reminder to be mindful of all we do. I still can't beleive that I actually did that let alone I got it back.

I am going to make copies of all my ID's, meddical cards etc. and hope I never need it but it makes sense to me.

I'm not sure if I will be back tonight. I do not know how long my battery will hold out. I really missed not being able to come here while my computer was away. But I did get some things done and that was good.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone. There still are some good people in this world-Carla
  2. maripat

maripat New Member

I was really feeling down tonight, your story made me smile.
    thanks
    maripat
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

are still some good people and that your purse found one.

I'm beginning to think I need strings on all my belonging, like mom used to do w/ mittens.
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I'm really happy to hear that there really are nice people out there. I've always believed that above all else, I have to be able to get up in the morning and look myself in the mirror. I was taught that at an early age and although there are times in life when it's easier to do the wrong thing, I hope that I do the right thing.

When I was about 9 years old I found a $20 bill in the Woolworth's store. I showed my Dad and he asked what I planned to do with it. I didn't even hesitate. I said turn it in. He took me to the customer service desk to turn it to them. The woman took the money and my name and phone number and said if someone came back she would let us know, and if no one did, then she would give it to me. I was very lucky to find out that someone was looking for it... it was a woman who was working and running around helping her kids, etc. She was so thankful. I've always remembered how good I felt. So, it taught me a good lesson.

I've also been blessed with a lot of people helping me since I've been sick. Like most of us, this illness has taken it's toll on me, my family, and just about every aspect of my life. All the more reason why I like happy endings.
    Hugs,
    Tigger