I'm back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pastorwife, May 2, 2011.

1. pastorwife

pastorwife Member

I haven't been on here since Oct 2008 when my husband asked for a divorce. Since then, the divorce was finalized. Life is looking so much better. My health has DRASTICALLY improved. The docs put me on just about every SSRI available plus other mood stabilizers. I react to each of them with awful side effects...more pain, confusion, blurred vision, nausea, and the list is about as long as the list of drugs.

Today, I am only on Trazadone and Synthroid with Klonopin as needed (rare, but sometimes needed). I have more energy, sleep fewer hours (from 12 @ night w/ naps during the day to 6-7 @ night and few naps). I have also started going to a chiropractor instead of acupuncture along with physical therapy (just stretches right now). I also have a TENS unit which is helping.

All these years, I have only been able to wear very loose clothing. Any type of tension on my skin/muslces causes pain. Hence, unable to wear bras. But, I just found one that I can wear after trying spandex camisoles, sports bras, etc. Hanes now makes comfort flex bras and they are soft enough and stretchy enough not to cause tension. I wanted to pass that info along to the women on this board.

2. pastorwife

pastorwife Member

Thanks Jam! I hadn't worn one for about 9 years. Decided that the pain just wasn't worth it. I'm saving using it for on occassions when I feel I must dress nice but it comes off as soon as it can. And, yes, life is so much better. I've never been happier. I can actually laugh now. I've gone from taking about a dozen meds to just 2! One for thyroid and Trazadone. I could not tolerate ANY SSRI's out there. They tried every possible anti-depressant, including Abilify recently and they cause such nasty side effects for me: increased pain, blurred vision, confusion, nausea. I feel awake now! Have a great day!