I'm back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Jun 11, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Have been away from the board for 10 days or so, a lot has happened. I had to stop the dmsa mercury detox because of fatigue which wouldn't go away, which I finally found out was folate deficiency apparently caused by the chelation. So extra folate started to help my energy but I had to get ready for a trip to Dallas to see my kids, and get my energy back, so no time for another dmsa round.

And then my toilet backed up the day before I was to leave for Dallas and had to do laundry at a neighbor's (more energy drain) and the plumber finally fixed it by afternoon (needed more than a plunger)

Then went to Dallas the next day, the next very long day, will not go into all the details, a confluence of events which made the day very very long - left here at 10:15 a.m. and arrived in Dallas (2 hour time diff) at 10:30 that =night in the middle of a thunderstorm. It was a bit thrilling. The pilot told us twice that he hoped to get us there before "the weather" hit. My son told me I was lucky we were not diverted to Austin.

So of course was crashed the next day and somewhat the day after - I never recovered my energy - got a little better, then sick, basically was dragging the whole week I was there unfortunately - I hate that. I loved seeing the young grandkids (ages 5 and 8) but hated being so tired at the same time.

So back home last Wednesday, another long day though not quite as long as the day I flew out, and crashed of course the next day then got hit with a very nasty bug which sapped all my energy and have been fighting that and finally started drinking strong ginger tea and am finally getting over that.

And then the fun started. Yesterday, Sunday, the first day I had any energy since getting back, decided to do a load of laundry. And voila! sewage backed up all over my laundry room (an extra bedroom) - apparently the clog from before my trip was not really resolved. There are guys here today from a restoration company cleaning out the room (ripping oiut carpet, packing everything up, etc.) and there are plumbers outside digging into concrete and so on. And today was the day where I had really started to feel halfway decent. I live in a mobile home park and the plumbers assure me that the park will have to pay for the plumbing repairs - I hope so! And my insurance should pay for all the cleanup and hopefully the park will reimburse my deductible.

One silver lining in this whole mess is taht I may get a new living room carpet out of the whole deal. My current living room carpet is very old and worn and I hate it but couldn't afford to replace it. Well, because the doorway from my living room into the laundry/bedroom is open - there is no door there - the restoration company tells me that the insurance company will pay for the living room to be recarpeted as well because of "line of sight" - they would never be able to match the new carpet in the laundry room with the l.r. carpet and they have to match because there is no door there, you can see right in. I will believe it when I see it - it is really crazy actually because the carpet is so crappy -

So am holding off doing more dmsa this week because I need to get groceries and now get this house into some sort of shape and deal with plumbers and everyone. I hope to be back on the dmsa next week. I will be so glad when this (the house mess) is all done. My cat is going a little crazy, very curious and skittish at the same time. But we're surviving. At least I have clean drinking water! And my neighbor will let me take a shower (I haven't washed my hair in a week), but have to get the energy to go over there to to that, hopefully later today, if they don't get my sewer problems fixed by then.

I am taking one day/one thing at a time, thinking of people who don't even have clean drinking water and know this is only a temporary inconvenience. It's a hassle but c'est la vie -

Mary

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Yes, it's been a lot! But I am surviving. Thank you for all your kind thoughts! You are so supportive of everyone on this board - I'm so glad you're here.

I found that ginger tea was very helpful in helping me kick the bug I caught after traveling. I just add 1 tsp. of powdered ginger (fresh is best of course but I don't have any) to 1 or 1-1/2 cup of water and simmer for 5 or 10 minutes and then drink it. I like the taste.

Well, they are on track to fixing the sewer problem. It is rather a major problem but the park has okayed the repairs (it involves installing a new line) and should be finished in a couple of days and the inside clean-up is almost done. The insurance adjuster will come Friday to authorize repairs and new carpet and so on, so one day at a time - my Al-Anon training is coming in very handy here!

Best wishes,

Mary
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Nice to hear from you! It would be fabulous to get the new carpet, but am not holding my breath - will see. Right now I would just be happy to take a long hot bath and shower. My neighbor has offered her facilities but I'm tired and need to rest now. I think in the morning before all the workmen get going again, I'll try to get over there.

Take care -

Mary
  4. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

All I can say is you poor thing. What an ordeal! Hope you do get new carpet and that you will feel much better and all the "ordeals" will be over for a while. Hugs. MicheleK
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

That's sweet. Yes, it will be amazing if I get the carpet - will keep y'all posted -

Best wishes,

Mary
  6. deepak

deepak Member

welcome back :)

Love,
    deepak
  7. deepak

deepak Member

welcome back :)

Love,
    deepak
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It's nice to be back :)

Best wishes,

Mary
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I did finally get a much-needed shower this morning at my neighbor's. But I know what you mean about prioritizing. I am certain that if I had pushed myself yesterday to take a shower when I was so tired, I would have been crashed today - so you're absolutely right about not draining my stamina!

The worst of it is almost over. The plumbers got the new sewer pipe laid today, I have running water AND toilets! My bathtub/shower needs a professional cleaning however because sewage backed up into it but the remediation guys are supposed to do that cleaning tomorrow, now that we have running water again. Then my house will be truly habitable again. I may be without a washer and dryer for 2 weeks or so while they finish repairs to the laundry room. But I can deal with that.

Thanks so much for all your good wishes!

Mary
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry for all that's been going on in your life. Sending up a little prayer to help you. These things are so stressful. Please take care of yourself.

Not trying to make this about me but I'm also dealing with plumbing problems but nothing like your problem. Also, I just ran my cell phone through the washer. Oy!

Love, Mikie
  11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

That's funny (from the outside where I don't have to deal with it!), washing your cell phone - but sorry to hear about that! I know they're not cheap. I was trying to think of a good pun which would fit (like getting cleaner reception now or something) but nothing that really works, like your phone now I'm sure.

I am going slow, I was getting extra tired and realized it was from all the stress so am upping my adrenal support supplements (adrenal glandular and pantothenic acid) and just taking one thing at a time.

I hope your plumbing troubles get cleared up soon!

Best wishes,

Mary

12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My daughter just e-mailed me that she once dropped her phone in the toilet. She said she traded in her pPhone for an iPhone. OK, it's not a pun but it is funny. At least, I didn't drop mine in the toilet. I just hope when I take it, the SIM card, the battery and the memory card out of the rice tomorrow, it will work.

I'm not stressing, though; I stressed enough over my plumbing problems. The plumber will be here on Wed. I just have to haul my dryer out of the laundry closet and cut a hole in the drywall so he can get to the valve from the back side. Lucky for me, I'm a really good drywaller.

Still sending prayers your way.

Love, Mikie
  13. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You are both funny! Leah, you made me laugh about the instructions for cleaning the cell phone -

and Mikie, your daughter was funny too. By the way, rice? Now you're cooking your phone? (sorry!) is this a method for drying it out?

:)

Mary
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, since rice absorbs moisture, it is the preferred method for drying out electronics which have gotten wet. Good news is that it actually worked! To me, it's a miracle and something else I don't have to stress over. No matter how much we try not to let things stress us out, we just can't help it when frustrations come in multiples. Now that I don't have to buy a new phone, I'm going to Lowes for the crown molding for the tops of my kitchen cabinets. I have our assn.'s 8' ladder in here (high ceilings) so I'm going to clean on top of the cabinets and install the molding. Yea!

Prayers still going up for you.

Love, Mikie