I'm beginning to wonder if I now have CFS.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mom2_1, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Mom2_1

Mom2_1 New Member

I have FM and am now starting to wonder about CFS. For about the last 4-6 months I have been VERY fatigued. I have also been having short-term memory and concentration problems. I sleep around 9 hours a night and today I took a 1 hour nap. I had my physical on Monday and told him about my "brain" problems and he didn't really have an answer. Told me that I need to slow down my thought making process. Told him my mind goes 1000mph. and my mouth only goes 2mp. It's so hard to slow down my mind!! Had a blood test done for thyroid problems and it came back saying borderline overactive thyroid. Wants to re-check in 3 months. For all of you living with CFS, can you tell me if this is somewhat how you feel? Thank you and God Bless!!
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hi Mom2_1,

I have a similar experience of feeling my mind is going faster than I am. The nurse I see for Fibro/CFS says she knows what I am saying. I will be really, really tired yet my mind will not let me sleep. Or my body feels very jumpy and wound up, yet I am exhausted. It just feels like my whole system is "off". She ran blood tests to check my thyroid and adrenal gland. I don't know the results yet, but I have had borderline thyroid problems before. Make sure you keep getting checked out! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia first and then years later I was told I most likely have CFS also. Who knows? This illness is so unclear, but I do know that I haven't had a day without fatigue in years. Hope you get some answers and support! I will be praying for you-Kim
  3. caperkat

caperkat New Member

Thanks, hayleycole for mentioning this med. I've had pretty good results taking it for a little over a year. Now also take Abilify. Are you familiar with that one?

kat
  4. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

can also accompany anxiety and is also a symptom of (ack! What do you call it? When your brain/body are over-sensitive and over-stimulated by your environment. Do you know what I'm trying to say?)

So it's not necessarily due to bipolar.

This might not have helped much, but I really did know what I wanted to say when I started. :-(

Best wishes,
    Janelle
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

6. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

Thanks for the help. I just hate it when my brain goes blank like that! Sensory overload is exactly what I was trying to remember.

Best wishes,
    Janelle
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

They certainly are not universal. I have the fatique
    associated with extreme tireness but although I sleep very well
    it is not refreshing! After nine hours of sleep I
    can awake feeling as if I've had half or less that amt.

I have the "brain fog" that changes in severity but is
    always there. I'm in the opposite situation to you Mom_2
    in that I've
    gone from just the fatigue to joint and muscle
    pain more toward descriptions related to FM. Waiting for
    the next "shoe to drop" unfortunately! Hope it doesn't.

We're gonna figure this thing out someday!!
    Try to stay positive,
    MRDAD

[This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]