I'm confused about acid/alkaline blood in cfs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sindy-Uk, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

I always thought that blood needs to be more alkaline than acid for us to be healthy and we should eat more vegetables and fruit to make our blood more alkaline. In an article on the home page by Dr Chenney, it says that CFS patients suffer from blood that is too alkaline. It talks about using rebreather masks to breath in carbon dioxide as well as oxygen. I thought oxygen made the blood more alkaline. Maybe I am not reading properly, but I am really confused about the whole thing. Can we test ph levels of our blood by our selves. I know they use litmus paper to test saliva and urine ph levels. I would appreciate it if someone could throw some light on it.

Thanks in advance

Satin
  2. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

I always thought that blood needs to be more alkaline than acid for us to be healthy and we should eat more vegetables and fruit to make our blood more alkaline. In an article on the home page by Dr Chenney, it says that CFS patients suffer from blood that is too alkaline. It talks about using rebreather masks to breath in carbon dioxide as well as oxygen. I thought oxygen made the blood more alkaline. Maybe I am not reading properly, but I am really confused about the whole thing. Can we test ph levels of our blood by our selves. I know they use litmus paper to test saliva and urine ph levels. I would appreciate it if someone could throw some light on it.

Thanks in advance

Satin
  3. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

to see if anyone has any ideas on this one.

satin
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

should be more alkaline. My doc. gave me a list of foods and told me to eat 2 alkaline for each acidic. I know there are people on this board who test their own ph - hopefully they will see this & tell you or you can look for the posts - I think it was 2 weeks or so ago that it was a pretty hot topic. I do recall one saying they bought the ph papers at the drug store. Hopefully somebody else can help you more........AMY
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

search Rene-M posts, "more about our body's ph" it easy to read that explains this.

warm regards, fibolady
  6. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

Amy and fibolady for replying. I will have a look at Rene-M posts.

Regards

Satin
  7. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

Thank you for replying to my post. I read your post about 2 weeks ago on carrot juice. I was quite convinced about making the blood more alkaline. I even made carrot juice for about 5 days. I think it did help a little. Then I read this article and it really confused me. I think I will carry on with the carrot juice and try to make my blood more alkaline. As you say this was the only article which said any different.

again thank you for your response.

Satin