I'm confused about daylight saving time help please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Oct 28, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Was this weekend the day to fall back an hour? So why does my cell phone, computer and tv say it is 1:00 and my clock radio says it is 12:00.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Or is my brain fog playing tricks on me or did I miss something and they changed how DST works- Thanks-Carla
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

I must have it a bottom on my clock radio, so that means I didn't get up until 11:30!!! Now where did my day go? Thanks ladies-Carla
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Gordon changed the clocks last Sunday and shortly thereafter, changed them back.

I believe the conspiracy theorists on talk radio are saying this is an attempt to divert our attention from more pressing matters.

The main thing to remember is that in nature, there is no such thing as time. It is strictly man-made and therefore not natural.

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

it was this weekend in the UK - it's horrible trying to adjust, wish they would do away with it altogether. Nobody likes it here and no other European country does it.....

5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

My Mac is an hour behind at the moment and changed back to
    "Specific" Standard time at mid-nite Saturday as programed
    into the computer. Day-light saving was extended for a week
    this year but the Feds surgot t o tell my computer!

I stopped observing "daylight saving" after I realized that
    the Gov. (like money) must have squandered all that daylight
    we saved. In January it's still pitch dark at 4:45 P.M.!!
    So much for the Gov. saving anything I guess!!

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We should either abandon it or keep it year round. Fall and spring are hard on our systems as we endure rapid temperature and barometric changes. The last thing we need is getting our clocks adjusted too.

When I was in Europe, it was light out til 10:00 at night. Mom and I had to drink beer just to get to sleep. Loved that European beer, though :)

Love, Mikie