I'm confused about treatment for CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by prettyblueiris, Mar 28, 2006.

1. prettyblueiris

prettyblueiris New Member

My daughter has recently been diagnosed with CFS. I've been reading a lot of information on the internet and getting more confused especially about treatment. Has anyone had any success in getting their symptoms under control? What did you do? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Because there are so many potential causes to CFS it's not easy to combat with just one therapy. I think for most of us have multiple issues going on, Viruses, hormone/vitamin/mineral imbalances, improper diet and some sort of sleep disorder.

I've been recovering from CFS very well. And although what I'm doing might not help in every instance at least you can see an approach that is working. Read my posting "Progress Notes 4 months after starting at FFC"

the link to the posting is below:

http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=781262&B=FM#781262
  3. bossco

bossco New Member

I am 10 years into cfs, and 49. Your daughter may be lucky in the sense shes young and early diagnosis. My beginning years, 6 to be exact, I've tried many treatments. Some perscribed thru my doctor, other on my own search for relief. Some antidepressants can be a good thing, I had adverse reactions to at least 6 types, thru years of trials, one won't know till you start the process. I had treatment for low blood volume, and low blood pressure with compression stockings, and florinef for several years, to no avail. I tried volumes of massive vitamins and minerals, just lost lots of money! I now just go it drug free as nothing works with me. I have a wonderful doctor I see regularly who monitors my progress, or lack there of. That is my best treatment for now. One who cares in the medical field can be a real advocate for you. There are People who have luck for cures and relief of symptoms with lots of things so be open to try all methods....good luck...it is a journey, and most of all, a concerned mom is a real booster for your daughter.