I'm curious..how many people are on disability and use

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

supplements instead of meds? I have often wondered this..if by getting disability if you have to take meds or can you switch to supplements? Then will disability stop your checks cause your not being treated by a doc? Just was setting here reading posts and thought of this.
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

supplements instead of meds? I have often wondered this..if by getting disability if you have to take meds or can you switch to supplements? Then will disability stop your checks cause your not being treated by a doc? Just was setting here reading posts and thought of this.
  3. mermaid

mermaid New Member

Hi carlacat,
    My experience with disability is that they don't take much stock in anything other than MD's. You don't have to take meds, but I suggest you see your doctor once or twice a year so that it will show in his records that you are unable to work. I take lots of supplements and see an acupunturist, but the doctor is really who they want to hear from. good luck!
    Mermaid
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I've been on SSD for 17 yrs. for FMS. Disability takes the position that if you are sick you are in the regular care of a doctor, and if you aren't seeing one, you aren't sick. The fact that the doctors can't help us is irrelevant to their beauracracy. So, go at least 3 times per yr. and complain at your appts., no matter how good you may feel on that particular day, so it is in your records that you are still very sick.
    The games people play.....
    Klutzo
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I am on different meds but there are some days where I just dont feel like they are helping and I dont want to take them anymore. I think sometimes meds does more harm then good. I feel like that is all I can do is take meds and not leave the house. Its so depressing..I have POTS also and I'm still waiting to see what their gonna treat me with for that. My life is just turned upside down and I hate it.

[ advertisement ]