I'm discouraged

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katmolly, Dec 30, 2006.

1. katmolly

katmolly New Member

Hey all-
    I know you all feel this way, too. Normally my attitudes good, but every now and then I get this way. I'm only 26 almost 27 so sometimes when I see healhty people on tv or in life I get frustrated thinking I was just like that only a few years ago and then I get sad thinking I'm really not going to get any better. So this fibro whatever is my reality and I am feeling discouraged. I read about people applying for disabilty or husbands wanting to leave them and I feel kind of worried about my future. Hate to sound awful cause I know you all are experiencing pain, too. So thank you for listening.
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

It's not that hopeless. Have you started with all the great diet advice you got form everybody last week? That should start to make you feel better and when you feel better, it's impossible to get discouraged. It may be hard to give up yummy stuff at first and eat tons of veggies, but your body will start to thank you in a few days and it will seem more worth it. It won't at first, you'll feel like the only "thing" you have to enjoy is your "yummy" food, but you have to look beyond yummy stuff; it's killing you. It's killing all of us. Stop eating for your mouth and eat for your body. It WILL thank you for the effort! Yummy food is like a drug, you may as well be smoking crack; a few minutes of pleasure paid for by severe damage to your body and its ability to feel good.

good luck

karen

BTW,even in Oct, I was still thinking I was going to die. It doesn't take too long to turn everything around.
  3. mommygee

mommygee New Member

I've been having the same thoughts. I feel like I burden my husband by talking about how bad I feel. I worry that I won't be able to do my job.

I'm new here but it sounds like this is a good place to find encouragement and information.
  4. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

I'm sorry you are feeling so badly. Yes, I am sure everyone gets discouraged. I know I sure do. We wouldn't be human if we didn't. You are so young to have to deal with this DD.

I've been off work from a career I loved for over a year now. Never in my life, did I think I would be in this position. I have always worked hard for everything and feel defeated by this disease sometimes.

I think the trick is to let yourself grieve your old life. It's normal. But then you have to get on with life at some point. Try to expect the best rather than dwell on what is lost. Move forward and do not let this thing win.

As far as relationships go, I think that having a chronic disease shows you what the people in your life are really made of. If you have a strong relationship with one who truly loves you, then in most probability your mate will support you vigorously and be your greatest ally. Relationships that are weak or with someone who is immature and self-centered will most likely suffer and cause you to suffer. Does this make sense?

There is always good in your life...just search for it. I really miss my job, but I refuse to give up and sit down and do nothing. I must move forward and find a new passion. For me it is my art work in glass and my newly found love of drawing. Keep looking and you will find what makes your days feel full.

In the meantime feel free to post and vent here. Everyone here truly understands what you are feeling and going through.

Take care and I hope you feel hopeful again soon.

Hugs
    Sylvia
  5. katmolly

katmolly New Member

thanks everyone for all your replies. i'm actually already feeling better. honestly it's hard sometimes because i have to explain to friends my age that i don't want to go out cause i'm tired or can't meet up because i'm pain and i look normal so this can tiring to people. i do see what you are saying about surrounding myself with supporting people and i think that is truly a great idea. i love going on this website for advice. and i have been eating very healthy lately, too. Thanks again. !!
  6. California31

California31 New Member

We've all been there...for me it's important to "feel" what I<seem> to be feeling....and as soon as I can, move into what I am grateful for....for what is working...for all that is good. I do remember hanging up the phone on a friend years ago...when she blithly said to me: "things will get better..."....and I (probably) screemed into the phone..."How do you know.."...and then hung up. I had just needed to BE with how I was feeling...and not deny what was going on in the moment....on the other hand I do have a friend who seems to indulge the sad, and painful moments, events...and then get caught up in some awful feelings for what seems a prolonged time....
    Glad we have this site...praying for breakthroughs, today and all of 2007.
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

LATELY IVE BEEN TINKING WHAT WOULD BECOME OF ME IF MY HUBBY LEFT OR GOD FORBID SOMETHING HAPPENED TO HIM IM 37 AND IM PRETTY MUCH BEDRIDDEN I THINK I WOULD END UP IN A NURSING HOME I CANT DRIVE ANYMORE OR EVEN DO LAUNDRY. CHARLENE
  8. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

im 32. sick for 2 years.
    i was lookin forward to these years. thought id finally find a good man.
    now that i can barely go to the grocery store....the only man in my life is Dell, my computer.
  9. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

I was 26 when I first came down with this fibromyalgia. I'm now 48. Yes, I do get discouraged at times but I'm also ENCOURAGED from all of the research that is being done out there. Heck, for over 10 years there were no pain doctors or others to see about this or anyone who even cared. I had no support whatsoever.

There is hope and never stop being the best advocate for yourself and always seek others who can advocate for you. It's only human nature to get down about ones situation but if you can dust yourself off and start over again and again (hhmm, I'm singing that tune...) you'll have such a fighting spirit and character that when you do get well, what a blessing that will be.

Yup, I'm so full of character too. LOL And alot of other stuff. I keep laughing too, it sure does help :)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2006]