i'm feeling lousy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by andymac, Sep 17, 2005.

1. andymac

andymac New Member

hey everyone

most of you wont know me as i hav'nt been on for ages but i have reached a point in my life where i can honestly say i feel at my worst and it really upsets me as i am only 38 but due to having fibro and cfs for 17 years now i sometimes feel like an old man and not being able to sleep and my total lack of memory really does'nt help matters, i was a head chef for 13 years until last year when my doctor told me i had to give up work which was just another blow to my confidence but i had to agree with her as i was getting to a point where i could'nt lift myself out of bed never mind run a busy kitchen,so i am now at home and my wife is out working full time,i have applied for DLA twice and been knocked back on both occasions even after appealing the second time,this really was a real kick in the teeth and i was ready for just giving up on the whole thing but my doctor and my social worker have told me to re-apply as i have got progresively worse in the last six months.
    I have also been diagnosed with having cluster headaches which are just awfull and this means i cant leave the house for long as i am on oxygen for these and even after that i still did'nt get DLA.
    sorry for moaning but i get so anoid and angry at times and well maybe you guys may have some positive thoughts for me.
    i have to say that i have great support in my wife and we have 3 kids who keep me going and keep me from copletely giving up.
    andy
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

You must be from the UK (DLA), and I'm not familiar with your system. However, I've heard from many in the US who say that it takes at least 2 appeals after the initial application. That would mean that the "3rd's a charm" as the old addage goes! Perhaps that'll be the case where you are. Keep on going . . Hope to hear from you more often.

Jeannette
  3. andymac

andymac New Member

hi jeanette
    yes i am from the uk i stay on a small island up the west coast of scotland,i am going to keep trying for what i am due i just get really fed up with the whole thing at times

andy
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it. Cluster headaches are horrible. I knew a woman who had them and she barely slept for 2 years at a time.

I'm glad to meet you! I'm about a month new here.

I have a question for you--does the oxygen help your fm pain?

Take care!

Francie
  5. andymac

andymac New Member

no it does'nt help my fibro it helps with my clusters!!! something to do with it getting to the part of my brain that causes them,do you know what your friend takes for them and are they episodic or chronic,i am chronic which means i get them all the time where as episodics only get them once or twice a year.

andy
  6. andymac

andymac New Member

it is nearly 1am here so i need to go to bed to try and sleep i will be on again tomorrow hope you all have a good day wherever you are
    andy
  7. andymac

andymac New Member

thanks for your kind thoughts of encouragement myself and my wife are just so cheesed of with it all as they could see just how bad i was and yes a doctor did come out to see me on both occasions but the fact that i cant leave the house much and that i can hardly stand up never mind walk did'nt seem to make any difference but i am a bit more confident this time as i have a social worker fighting my case and she has been working with me and my wife to get things installed about the house to make things easier for me,surely this should go in my favour!!!!

andy
    ps i really need to go to bed now as my meds are kicking in
  8. andymac

andymac New Member

thanks so much for replying and i promise i will be back on tomorrow night(thats tonight here) i need to go to bed now as my body is shouting at me so i will say goodnight for now and i will speak to you later

andy
  9. andymac

andymac New Member

hi all well its nearly 2.30 in the afternoon here and i have been awake since 7am this morning after yet another bad night which has just added to how awfull i was feeling last night, i have been to church with my daughter and i can tell you that she is making her first holy communion next sunday so some of our family are coming over to stay with us for a few days which will be nice as i dont get to see them very often,i just hope i am feeling a bit better come then.
    dont know what i am going to do for the rest of the day yet i am just trying to sort out the washing just now then i will probably make a start on dinner as i like to take my time preparing things and my wife (sandra is her name)is working tonight so we will eat early so she can eat with us before she goes.
    i will try and come on later to say hello
    andy