I'm finally going to have to give up and move in with

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Oct 24, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

my parents. Social Security only pays me a little over $900 and my house payment is $760. I'm trying to get used to the fact that I'm going to have to move. I'm going to use some of the profits from the house to build a bathroom in my parents basement and remodel some. I can have an office in one of the upstairs bedrooms. It will be a help to both of us. I'm just going to be sad to give up my house. I figure I will have more money to do a little traveling, etc. At least the worry of trying to make ends meet will be gone.

Anyone else have to do this?
  2. jole

jole Member

I'm sorry it's gotten to this point for you, but I understand. Don't know what I would do in your shoes, because my parents aren't here anymore. BUT- - and I know this sounds terrible, but if something were to happen to your parents and you live with them, would you be expected to take care of them?

And what about their home? Are there other siblings that would squabble over it? Just make sure you don't end up in worse shape later than you are in now. Things can get very involved if there are other family members to contend with.

Hope things go good for you, but please give this some thought.

Friends - Jole
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

be unable to care for them 100% but even if I didn't live with them, I would do all I could.

We're going to work out a plan for the what ifs.

They just live down the street anyway. I will get to keep my same neighbors. That is a plus.