I'm getting central heating free, from government, so can you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelbyeatenton, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. Shelbyeatenton

    Shelbyeatenton New Member

    I live in england and this grant is only open to England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Each different part has a different criteria for eligibilty and offers a slightly different grant!

    For example: Because i live in England and i am on Disability Living Allowance, Income Support (with Disabilty premium), Housing Benefit (with disability premium) and council tax benefit (with disability premium), i only in actual fact had to be on one of those benefits to qualify and it turns out i am eligible for central heating, draught proofing and energy saving light bulbs! All the work is being done for free and it will make such a difference to my life. The flat is so cold. It really aggrevates my FM symptoms, hopefully it will help me a lot.

    I just wanted to share it with people so you can benefit from it too.

    The page with all the information for each area of United Kingdom is:

    The website is: www.eaga.co.uk

    you can apply online or the phone number is

    England- warm front grant - 0800 316 6011
    Scotland - warm deal - 0800 072 0150
    Wales -Home Energy Efficiency Scheme(HEES)-0800 316 2815
    Northern Ireland - Warm Homes Grant - 0800 181 667

    Hope the information helps and if there are any other freezing feet out there hope they manage to sort you out too! :)

    Keep me updated if you like?!

    Best wishes everyone,
  2. Shelbyeatenton

    Shelbyeatenton New Member

    you should check the internet. make sure there isnt any programmes or grants like that available to you.

    It sounds awful what happened to you. You here of it often dont you, my grandparents actually have a carbon monoxide measurer in their living room, just a little card! Just so they always feel safe! :)

    I'm also sorry that the grant isn't open to you also, and hope you find something? :)

  3. pywacket

    pywacket New Member

    there are grants for your heater. i don't remember the name but i will look them up. i lived in Ca and had it done. now live in mn and they have better programs. i will get back to you within the week if i find it.
  4. pywacket

    pywacket New Member

    i don't know how to let you know were the list is but it's under Utilities, Home Improvement and Home Maintenance Grants . i have the website if we can find the right way for me to get it to you. look under today i can. there are list of goverment grants and the places to get them.
  5. Shelbyeatenton

    Shelbyeatenton New Member

    sorry, which symbol? and i can probably already say i'm not so sure what it means!?! lol!

    Glad you got some info doxy! :)


    Oh, just looked up over my post again, do you mean the red light icon? From the list you can choose when you post/reply? My view was it was just an 'attention all' icon!! lol! if it isn't and it means something else in particular, please do tell me someone!!! :-/

    Best Wishes

[ advertisement ]