I'm getting married 1 week from today, please pray for me!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Dec 30, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I'm so excited to be getting married but have one fear. And I'm sure you're all quite familiar with it. All my family and friends and all of his family and friends will be in town for us so I have 3 days where I need to at least FEEL DECENT.

I've had a very rough last 4 months and have felt horrible but this past week has been a little better. I want to enjoy my wedding day and not remember it as a day I just wanted to lay down in the church pew.

Thanks everyone,
    Meow
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

how lovely, a new year wedding. I hope everything goes well for you.

Please try to rest as much as possible before the big day, you need your energy for then. I'm sure the adrenalin will kick in and you will be radiant.

All the best.

love
    Rosie
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This is wonderful news. I do understand your anxiety though. Rest, eat well and don't overdo. This is a time to let others look after things for you.
    I will say a prayer for your glorious wedding day!

Kathy.
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

rest lots before your big day. i got through the day you can too.
    good luck :)
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I know that scary feeling of "I HAVE to feel good for a few days". But I think your body knows that, too, and you will rise to the occasion!

I know you will have a wonderful wedding, filled with good memories! Enjoy you special day!

Katy
  6. kbak

kbak Member

Meow,
    Congrads!!!! I pray that the time of your wedding brings peace, comfort and happiness. How wonderful for you.

K.
  7. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I will definately say a prayer for you. I was sick for one month when I got married. I also didn't know what I had. And it wasn't as severe as now. But I was so excited, and I had those endorphins kicking in that I was able to go from sleeping a lot to dancing most of the night!
  8. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

The advise I'll give you, will help!

Don't eat any sugar b/c that will make you worse.Eat sugar after the Wedding when all the excitement is over. Sugar and excitement is a disaster waiting to happen.

If you have a juicer, try making some juice. That will give you energy. Carrot,apples,celery,cucumbers etc.

Eat as much raw foods as you can and take food enzymes with EVERY MEAL. This is one of the best things you can do for your health,in the future!

This will help if you are willing to do these things.

Hugs Shirley
  9. Musica

Musica New Member

First, congratulations! Second, I understand how you feel. I pray that your wedding goes smoothly and you feel great for the wedding...and after!

I'm you will have the adrenaline you need to get through, but do try to rest beforehand. And try not to worry about it too much because it might throw you into a flare!
  10. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

My prayer for you is that you will feel wonderful and happy as can be on your special day. Like all the other posters though, I do hope that you will rest up as much as possible and sit down every chance you get, (not at the altar of course, but beforehand, ha ha!)

Do you have wedding attendants that you can ask for help should you run out of steam for last minute, day of tasks? I really hope that you do and please, do not hesitate to ask for help. Those who really love you will want to do all they can to make this as easy as possible for you.

Now, I don't know how this will be received but I would suggest that if you have any muscle relaxers on hand, once the wedding reception is over and you get to your honeymoon destination, or before that so long as you aren't driving, take it! As hard as you try to stay calm, those muscles are bound to be knotting up, so don't suffer needlessly. And let's face it, you may be tense from all the excitement, so that muscle relaxer can't hurt. I may get flamed for posting this, but really, I only say this with the best intentions. Best of luck and God bless your upcoming marriage.
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

As everyone else has said, stay calm and be cool, and everything will go fine ... somehow .. someway.

You'll get the energy to do what you need to do.

This will be the most glorious day of your life, one you will treasure in your memories forever. The next time that you feel soooooo much love will be the day that your first child is born.

Enjoy all the activities surrounding your wedding. Pace yourself. Everyone will understand.

Love and hug your parents to death, because this is a big day for them, too. The are so proud, and yet it is so difficult to let their daughter go. But they are gaining a son. I was more nervous than my daughter was when she got married! I cried through the entire ceremony!!!

Best wishes for a long, happy, marriage. I have been married for nearly 35 years and love my husband more today than ever. I don't know what I would do without him. I do have to warn you, though, that the first year is the roughest! If you get past it, you'll do OK!!! LOL

I will pray for you, and keep you in my prayers.

Much love,
    Janet
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Everyone's covered everything you could possibly do, the most important is to relax and enjoy it all and don't let any of the small stuff stress you out...

All the best,
    Victoria
  13. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I'm so excited to be marrying this wonderful, understanding man whom I love so much! I know I'll push thru it and have a wonderful day. I just need to delegate things so I don't feel so overwhelmed!

Meow
  14. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Congrates on your upcoming marriage. I will be praying that your day turns out great and that you have tons of energy and feel good. Save me some cake, I love wedding cake.

sandyz
  15. suemp

suemp New Member

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I only hope that you live in a climate where the weather is decent in the month of January. I got married January 18th, 1969 because my husband had winter break from college. I'm sorry that we picked January because we lived in both Illinois and Wisconsin over the years and we never know how the weather is going to be for our anniversary. Luckily we didn't plan anything big for our 25th anniversary because it turned out to be 20 degrees below zero. Luckily I did not have fibro at the time so we did have a nice day. Hope yours turns out to be beautiful. Suemp
  16. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Funny question! Well, we decided on Jan. for 2 reasons.

1) It's cheaper to get married in the winter than in the summer.
    2) I'm in nursing school and don't have time to get married during the semester and Jan. 7th is in between semesters. We didn't want to wait until I graduated!

We live in Atlanta so it's pretty mild. It's supposed to be sunny and high of 43 on Saturday so we should be okay!

Meow
  17. 1horse

1horse New Member

congradulations...YOU CAN DO IT. WE WILL PRAY FOR YOU,BUT YOU WILL DO IT..WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO START THE NEW YEAR.... HUGS
  18. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Sweetie.. I so understand your fear.. I'm getting married in September and I'm already worried about it!

Now.. I'm a wedding and event planner by trade for a large hotel/restuarant.. I've done well over 400 weddings.

I've seen healthy brides literally make their selfs sick stressing out over really meaningless little things. Try to get what you have to done and don't sweat the small stuff. At the end of the day you will be married.. whether the favors all have perfect bows.. whether or not you do assigned seating.. you get the point.

You can totally stress over little things but the only important thing is at the end of the day you are marrying a great guy!

Try to get as much rest as you possibly can this week.. I know my immune system always works better if I am rested.

I wish you the very, very best and can't wait to see a picture!!!

Hugs and Congratulations!!
    love, dona
  19. shelbo

shelbo New Member

But eat well, sleep as much as you can and PACE!! Keep hydrated too! Congratulations!!! Praying all goes well! If, like me, you suffer Fibrofog remember to say 'I will' and not 'Will I?' Love and God bless, Shelbo
  20. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Congratulations! Looks like the weather here in Atlanta will be beautiful for you! Why not get a B12 shot. That always gives me energy for a good 10 days or so. Where are you getting married? Are you going on a honeymoon??

Take Care and good luck! Lynn