I'm getting scared

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sue50, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

Thanks for reading this I don't have anyone to talk to about this.
    Call me silly but I just spent $200.00 on concert tickets for next March. I have been going to the DR. for a couple of problems, yesterday my Dr. told me if my acid reflux doesn't get under control I will need surgery to fix my hiatel hernia, and she retested my white bloodcell count because it was low last month. I'm so afraid that I will be sick and not be able to go to the concert which I have been wanting to go to for several years. What if I have a flare, or I get sick at the concert? I have front row seats and I'm afraid I will get ill in front of a few thousand people and the band too. I just keep on trying to do "normal" stuff for fun and it isn't working.
    ok I'm done with the whine now.
  2. cph13

cph13 Member

U waited a long time for this opportunity. Your stressing yourself out for no reason. 2 days before U rest. Eat well and do only the basics. U will be fine.

Rather get excited that every day is one day closer to perhaps a dream

Have fun
    Nite Nite
    cph
  3. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

don't worry about it until the day comes. for all you know you may feel the best you have in a long time. but if not, don't worry about that either. it will suck, but it will be ok.
  4. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

WELL FIRST OFF---GO! GO, TO THE CONCERT!

HAVING ANY ILLNESS ESPECIALLY FMS/CFS YOU WILL HAVE MILLIONS OF WHAT IFS....YOU WONT HAVE A LIFE IF YOU WORRY ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME....

SO WHAT IF YOU GET SICK AT THE CONCERT!
    ANY HEALTHY PERSON CAN ALSO!
    JUST GO AND DONT LET THE DAMN DISORDER RUN YOUR LIFE, IF YOU DO YOU WILL NOT ONLY BE SCARED BUT WASTING YOUR LIFE...

JGAVI
  5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

for the wise words, I appreciate it
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Eat extra well, get extra rest and do deep breathing every time you start to worry about it. I can't tell you how much deep breathing helps every time you catch yourself getting really stressed about whatever.

I was dreading going a dentist appt. where I had to get 2 molars refilled. I was sure it would be brutal. Well it went by lickety split, I barely felt the freezing needles for a change (odd for me, but I'll take it), adn then I had a long day of visiting and errands which I was sure I was going to pay for dearly like I usually do. I DIDN'T EVEN NEED PAINKILLERS THAT NIGHT - no detox pain from being MCS, no fibro pain from overdoing it, and no insomnia from chemical overload.

So you never know. I don't even know what went right for a change, or why, but I sucked it up and enjoyed it and pretended I was normal for a bit.

Jeanne
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm getting married next September.. I'm already worrying about my health!!
  8. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I have been sick for almost every thing I've gone to for the past few years. Even if we decide to do something an hour later, somehow I'm in pain when I get there.

I just go anyway, and sometimes my husband has to help me out of bed, help me get dressed, and put me in a wheelchair, but I go.

I figure that I may as well be doing something I want to do if I'm going to hurt anyway.

abbylee
  9. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

everyone for your replies, it helps me so much to hear from people that understand
  10. jennypee

jennypee New Member

What concert are you going to see?! I can't believe no one else is curious!

Don't let the what-ifs take control, you're gonna have a blast. Feeling crappy at a concert is way better than feeling crappy at home. :)
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

for next year march w/my friend is is turning the big 40.
    partly of my health and fibro, back and the dreaded nerve pain legs and feet, and the andkle/feet problems....

but i was getting nervous on when ssdi was going to finally pay me off from my closed case from july 2004, finally got the money last week. and i also won $1,000 on the nickle slots, if i made the full bet it would've been like 5k instead...but hey i wasn't going to snub my nose at 1k...20,000 nickles...that helped atlot financially until ssa got things straigntened around,

and my friend sorta cancled on my got she didn't want to take the chance that i couldn't make it. so i still have some time maybe to get my own cabin. but i am going to try to get schedule for carpal tunnel surgery sometime in december and foot surgery to correct some congental problems ankles that caused toe and foot problems in themean time....

so i know there will be other times to take a cruise, but this one would've been a blast....and now i have the money for sure////

just hang in there if you can or if you need the hiatal hernia repaired may be you could get done and out of the berfore the concert so you won't have any concerns with.....
    your guardians will be looking out for you, you are a survivor you found us here......just keep positive.

hugs,

jodie