I'm Getting Some Really Good Results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is no doubt in my mind that our illnesses are real, physical illnesses; however, I also believe there is a strong mind/body/spirit connection.

Y'all know that lately, I've been paying a lot of attention to the spiritual side of myself, strangely enough, through learning as much as I can about quantum physics. The theme of every book and film I've been studying has the same basic message--that we create our own reality. Everything in our Universe is nothing more than intelligence and energy. What we think is reflected back to us in our lives. This doesn't mean we are to blame for the bad things which happen to us but it can help us cope with those things.

I am meditating more and trying to have an attitude of gratitude. I am acting as though the things I am trying to create are already a reality. The result is that I have so much more joy in my life and a lot less worry.

Just as I was focusing on my health so that I can travel to Italy one of these days, beginning Italian classes were offered in our newspaper. I have enrolled and will have the first real class Tues. night. I've been studing. I know that this is syncronicity. I don't believe in coincidence.

I had been plagued with a slow-flushing toilet and I've tried everything to try to fix it myself. Nothing worked. When it didn't completely flush, I would get stressed. I decided to attack it from another perspective. When it flushed correctly, I pumped my fist and gave great thanks. It is now flushing like it should almost every time. Some would not believe this could happen from simply changing how I react to the situation but I believe it is encouragement from God and the Universe that I am on the right track (I know y'all are laughing at me :)

Just like Jeanne here, when I focused on abundance, I started finding money all over the house. It's no great fortune but I believe it's encouragement too. Some things take longer to manifest. I never focus on need; I focus on how grateful I am for my abundant life. In doing this, it has made me realize how abundant my life really is. I am a happy, joyful, and very lucky person.

Nothing has changed except for me but I feel as though everyting has changed. I posted this because I think it's important to let others know when we find something which helps us. This is my path but it may not be the path for someone else. There is, however, a real following developing in this area because of the amazing things which people are manifesting in their lives. In years past, people would have been labeled, kooks, for these kinds of beliefs. Nowadays, it's becomming more accepted and mainstream.

One of the first tenets is to judge nothing that happens. What a relief it is to not have to make everything right or wrong, good or bad. This doesn't mean there is no right or wrong, good or bad; it just means it isn't my job to judge. That's a huge load off my shoulders and frees up a lot of energy in my life.

Quantum physics revolves around the field of infinite possibilities. Every time we make a choice, we close out other possibilities. This has made me more aware of the choices I am making. I am trying to make choices which evolve me and not ones which regress me. The good news is that we get opportunities to evolve every second of every day.

I hope this helps even one person. I'll keep y'all updated as I progress on this strange, new, and amazing path. My enthusiasm continues to grow and I don't think there is any turning back.

Love, Mikie
  2. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I enjoyed reading that. I have been trying to look at things on a more positive wave lately, too.

Just today, 6 weeks after major back surgery, I decided it was time to get back in the 'saddle' and play keyboard for church again. We're talking 5 hours! Getting up at 6 am, being there at 8 to practice, and not getting home until after 1pm. That is a long day for anyone with fibro, but add recent surgery, and it's almost a death sentence! HA.

BUT, I went about the entire thing with a positive attitude, kept saying to myself, 'I can, and WILL do this', and by George, I did! Oh, yeah, I had some pain. But it wasn't life-threatening, and it didn't bring me to my knees or the ER. I made it!

And I'm not going to dwell on 'oh but wait until tomorrow-you'll surely pay for that!' NO, I'm NOT going to pay for it! I'm going to start a fresh, new day-each day is the 'day that the Lord has made, and I will be glad and REJOICE in it!'

Thanks, Mikie. We really do have to try to work through most of life's challenges. I just can't foresee a life spent in bed and agony. I know there aren't always choices, but I'm going to TRY to start making choices that will, hopefully, lead me in the right directions and help me to make myself better-that will ultimately help those around me, too. RIGHT?? Right! THANKS! PG
  3. intensemom

intensemom New Member

Awesome post! Could you give a book or video recommendation(sp?)? Is this a Christian perspective? I am a Christian and my pastor at church taught a similar lesson today.

TRacy
  4. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

What a wonderful lesson you have learned and welcome to my world. It is a beautiful place. Don't forget to enjoy nature while you are looking at this new perspective. All my blessings to you.

Angell
  5. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Thank you so much for sharing your joy :)
  6. Abbycat

Abbycat New Member

I love that you are cheering your toilet. I cheer when I get my fax machine to work. Or when I manage to cook breakfast without burning myself. There are two ways to look at things. Glass full or glass empty.

You have discovered that you have the ability to choose how you react to things. I'm not sure if we can create change in the physical environment, but I've experienced too many instances where my attitude has created real change in my life.

I'm not religious or even spiritual. I'm a scientific kind of person but I have many examples of "being lucky" in my life that are too numerous to explain.

I struggle now with this illness and it's hard to hope that some good will come of it, but I believe I will find it. It seems that I'm a relentlessly pessimistic person being forced to see the good in things.

Quantum physics blew me away too. Won't get into that unless you want to.

Abbycat
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so glad you're finding something to help you through the days.

I've always tried to live this way, in gratitude and with open acceptance of how blessed I am and it does change both the way you live, and look at your life.

Your post was a great reminder for me...I've been pretty stressed lately at home and sometimes forget just how lucky I am.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  8. IMHOT

IMHOT New Member

Mikie
    All I can say is you are awesome.
    imhot
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  9. Jennyflower33

Jennyflower33 New Member

Wow wow wow. I really like this. More of this please! how do i find out more about this stuff? i dont have a clue where to start! i always always keep thinking why me? how did i ge so ill? what did i do wrong? am i being punished? etc etc. all these thoughts themselves must b causing me so much stress. Mikie, I am about to start EFT (emotional freedom technique) to help me deal with these gthoughts and all the anxiety i have been getting about being ill...is this the right kinda track? or like a similar thing?
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the post. This isn't really new for me; it's just that somehow, it has all come together in my life. For years now, I've dabbled in quantum physics and non-mainstream spiritual ideas. It's just that ever since watching "What The BLEEP Do We Know" and "The Secret," it's like everything I've learned and been practicing has become more clear and integrated. I also read the BLEEP book and it reinforced what was in the film.

When learning to fly, new pilots are always overwhelmed with learning all the textbook info in ground school, with gaining the skills in the airplane, and with the thousand and one practical details dealing with rules, regs, and safety. In the beginning, we kept asking how it will all relate. Other pilots and flight instructors kept telling us just to learn each thing and that eventually, it would all come together. I'm a "big picture" person and this required a lot of discipline for me. Sure 'nuff, at some point, it all comes together and becomes obvious. This is kinda how this spiritual quest has evolved for me. I feel that, like with flying, there is always plenty to learn and hone but at least, I can see a bigger picture now.

Tracy, in addition to the book and films I've mentioned, I had a lot of benefit from "The Seven Laws of Spiritual Success" by Depok Chopra, as well as some of his other books. I've gone online doing searches on manifesting reality and found some good info. It's all basically the same. I've also read about, and practice, meditating on the chakras and found it to be helpful too. I agree that meditating needn't be done in the lotus sitting position although, that is how I do it.

None of the ideas in quantum physics interfere with any religion. In fact, there is great hope that what is being discovered and pondered will actually close the gap between religion and science. If anything, the magic and magesty of the secrets of the Universe seem to indicate that religions may have actually too narrowly depicted God and the awesome ways He works in our lives. If one is religious, these ideas should only reinforce one's faith.

On my Creative Board, an idea I got from "The Secret," I include quotes from the Bible. I built my boards on the insides of the two doors on my computer armoire. They are a reminder of what I am manifesting. I have included from Psalms, "Be still and know that I am God." It reminds me that I need to sit in stillness and let God speak to me.

I have also included from the Gospel of Luke; 11:9-10, "Ask and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10; For everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened."

Finally, here is something I found online while surfing websites: "Our thoughts are prayers, and we are always praying. Our thoughts are prayers, listen to what you're saying. Seek a higher consciousness, a place of righteousness. And know that God is always there. And every thought becomes a prayer."

Love, Mikie
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi, Mikie. I totally believe what you/we do with our mindset and focus has a great impact on our lives. Before anything becomes a reality, it is a thought. This is a very Buddhist concept as Honora would tell you and many Christians are able to accomplish it through faith - but we don't need to label something for it to be truth.

This is not to say we don't get sick, we're human after all, but we have much more control than we think. I believe it, I just need to practice it. I've considered posting about it here when I despair at all the negative, fear-based posts but I don't have the credibility you do. Hmmmm, and that's an attitude I could change, right there!

Keep up the good work and thank you for re-motivating me.

I love this post!!! If we'd all take this message to heart
    our lives would change for the better, I know it.

I feel like Sally Field. (s?)
    Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  12. jess

jess New Member

Hi Mikie, I have been practicing creating my own reality for a year or so. I was recommended to a web site (Universeof Power dot com) by a friend. There is a free mini course and a full course for a fee. I have done both. It verifies everything you said. I have received synchronicities and followed up on them. One has to chose which ones work best for them. You are suppoosed to start with manifesting small things and work up to bigger ones. You just have to have faith that the universe will deliver it. Good luck and have fun with it. Jess
  13. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I am so happy for you!

Everything you have said and are doing is the key to getting to that peaceful place and joy in your life!

You can do anything and you will do everything you would like to do. Nothing is impossible through the Lord. If you have a mustard seed of faith you can move a mountain.

Truly believing is a the key and now youhave a whole set of keys!

I am doing the snoopy dance for you! {in my roller chair of course} put true meaning of me being a dizzy blonde..LOL!

I can just feel your happiness and excitement. Thanks for sharing the Great News and for being so inspirational.

Hugs,
  14. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Another really good book (although not really based on any given faith) is "Ask and it is Given" by Jerry and Esther Hicks. Pretty fascinating stuff!

Gretchen
  15. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Meditation of any sort, even quiet time for silent reflection on a thing of beauty calms the mind.

We have a rule in our home, two positives for every negative. So before we can criticise we have to think of or say(or do) two positive things first.

May be a good idea for the board(when people feel they have to jump in only in order to criticize) as I have always felt that negativity promotes more of the same.

Your posts are always great. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and sharing.

Love Anne
  16. amuzyka

amuzyka New Member

Mikie,

I have read a book called "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnmack a Daybook of Comfort and Joy. Read it for the year of 2004 and still write in my Graditude Journal. The book is wonderful with a message for everyday.

Thought you would like this book and her workbooks. They helped me sort out life during some difficult times. The book comes in hard back cover and one in a leather cover. I leave the leather cover one on my coffee table for people to read. I worked in the hard back cover so I could underline etc.

Write down five things that you can be grateful for at the end of each day. Your list does grow. Some days my list will be filled with amazing things, most days simple joys.

I have read this board eveyday for a couple of years but I seldom post. This book helped me and I wanted to share it with you. Since the year I finished reading the book, I continue to read the book weekly, or daily when I get off my path.

Thanks so very much for all the information you have given to the people on the board. Hope you continue on your path of wellness.

"Bless a thing and it will bless you, Curse it and it will curse you. If you bless a situation, it has no power to hurt you, and even if it is troublesome for a time.it will gradually fade out, if you sincerly bless it."

God Bless you

Anne

17. Marta608

Marta608 Member

18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This thread is turning into a wealth of resources for all of us. I will certainly look into some of the things suggested. I have read "Simple Abundance." It is great. I have also kept a gratitude journal and it is a good way to stay in the attitude of gratitude.

In the BLEEP film, one of the interviewees tells about how he meditates, prays and tries to create his day. He asks for feedback so specific that he knows God and The Universe have paid attention. I often do this. I did it this morning as I've had a challenging list of things to do, especially since I've been fatigued lately.

First, my head snapped up at 7:11 a.m. and for no reason, I looked at the clock. This happens all the time and has since my Mom died on July 11th four years ago. It happens in the evening too. I know it's her way of keeping our love alive until we are together again. She also sends me feathers. Other family members get them too when they think of her. I was meditating the other day in my big chair and looking out the sliding glass doors. A little white feather bobbed across the back side of the lanai. It didn't float like any feather I've ever seen. It was from Mom. So, the 7:11 was the first specific feedback.

Second, when I was expressing my joy, I lifted my hands at sunrise and said, "This is the day the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad." I come here and read the same thing, almost verbatim in Pepper's post. This was no coincidence. It was syncronicity--feedback.

Finally, we have a neighbor in our bldg. who has been a vicious gossip. Last season, she and her husband became extremely hateful toward almost everyone in the neighborhood and were speaking to no one. She accosted me as I was leaving last spring to visit Atlanta and screamed at me because I wouldn't take her side against another neighbor. She threatened me with legal action. It was so ugly and rattled me so badly that I forgot my cell phone in my car.

I've been praying and meditating for these people sending feelings of love their way. They are back for the season. They park next to me in the carport. Until today, I hadn't had an encounter. She pulled in as I was unloading my groceries. When she went around to unload hers (we're all stocking up for Hurricane Ernesto) I said "Hello" to her in a pleasant voice. Lo and behold, she answered and even asked how I was. I thanked her and asked about her and she thanked me. She didn't make eye contact and it wasn't what I would call, friendly, but it sure beats her losing control and yelling and threatening.

This is so specific to what I've been trying to manifest that it literally blew me away. I came in and did the happy dance and gave thanks. Sometimes, the feedback is pretty subtle and sometimes, it screams at me. I am not trying to be friends with these people as they are a toxic relationship I have had to give up. It's sad because basically, I love them. I just don't need that toxic influence in my life. On the other hand, I don't want us to be enemies either.

I think they are addicted to stirring up trouble and I can't have that stress in my life. I wish only good things for them. Both of them have been physically sick and I think they have put out so much negativity for so long that it finally came home to roost. If nothing else, they are really an example of how destructive negative, regressive behavior can be. What we put out there really reflects back at us.

Well, my friends, I've written "War & Peace" here but I just wanted to update y'all on this feedback business. A skeptic would explain it all away but I know that the more we learn to look for the signposts on the path, the better we become at recognizing them.

Thanks again for all your wonderful, positive feedback and interest. There are so many of us who have discovered, or are in the process of discovering, how much richer our lives can be. Our numbers are growing by leaps and bounds. I'm really in some great company here. You guys rock!

Love, Mikie
  19. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Mikie,
    I was really blessed reading your post. When my health first started falling apart, I would spend 5 mins each morning focusing on everything that I was thankful for in order to keep myself from getting depressed. This post reminded me that I should go back to doing that. I also need to focus on possibilities rather than lack. I'm inspired:)
    Thanks, Monkeykat
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm just so happy that you have made such improvements in your health. Those of us who have improved, especially after being bedridden most of the time, are proof that healing is possible.

This has been an interesting thread with lots of members' contributing ideas on resources for spiritual growth and renewal.

Love, Mikie