I'm Giving Y'all A Break...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Especially you, Madwolf. Y'all won't have to suffer my political opinions for a few days while I spend Thanksgiving with my younger daughter in Atlanta.

I want everyone to have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and give Shirl a break; she'll be by herself for a few days. Not that she can't handle it solo; she's the one we have to thank for the board being the nice, safe place it is today.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Especially you, Madwolf. Y'all won't have to suffer my political opinions for a few days while I spend Thanksgiving with my younger daughter in Atlanta.

I want everyone to have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and give Shirl a break; she'll be by herself for a few days. Not that she can't handle it solo; she's the one we have to thank for the board being the nice, safe place it is today.

Love, Mikie
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

We'll miss you, but somehow I guess we'll survive! Enjoy your break and come back feeling great.

Barbara
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Have a wonderful holiday & a safe trip!

Pam
  5. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

You have a great Thanksgiving too. I will be working moving stuff out of our house we have for sell that is six hours away from where we live now. Enjoy your daughter and don't get lost in that Atlanta traffic lol
    Hugs,
    Ann
  6. allhart

allhart New Member

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING YOULL BE MISSED!
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

You sound like a neighbor Mikie!!!
    Hey have a great holiday---and a safe return!
    And...
    Hurry Back Ya'll.....y'hear?
    Karen
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

Wishing you a great Thanksgiving!and keep in mind what they say about eating turkey....it goes straight to the brain and acts like a relaxer.We'll be having some major fatigue that day!(but it'll be worth it!!)Have a safe trip.
    Love,
    Tracey
  9. kay

kay New Member

I think it is the other way around. You probably need a break from us:)! You have a great Thanksgiving and a safe trip. LOL,Linda:)))))))
  10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I just wanted to wish you a great Thanksgiving. Have a
    safe trip to Atlanta! Thanks for all you do for us on this
    great board. I appreciate all you and Shirl do for us.
    You guys are great!

Take care
    Sandyz
  11. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Have a safe trip in that new Limousine you bought Mikie. See you when you get back!! We're heading up North ourselves, so will be gone 3 days.

Marilyn :)
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My understanding is that y'all is plural, but when you really want to include a larger group, you use the ultra-plural form, all y'all. I moved to Florida from Colorado, but my roots going back to the Civil War are in the South. I had relatives on both sides. Maybe that's why I can't totally identify with either party or with being a conservative or liberal; it's genetic! In any case, I do love living here in the South where life moves at a slightly slower pace, except on the freeways in Atlanta at drive time for commuters.

Marilyn, my kids sent a voucher for me to fly up. I was kind of looking forward to driving so they could see my new car, but they will just have to come down (not hard to get them to do when it turns colder).

Again, I love you guys and wish everyone a very, very Happy Thanksgiving.

Love, Mikie
  13. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi there,
    Hope you have a lovely thanksgiving with your daughter mikie,you do a great job on here & youll be missed.
    The moderators & everyone on here are such special people & we are such a good support for each other.
    This is my me time in my safe place with my fibro family & its growing bigger all the time,thanks everyone i love you all,take care.
    Very gentle hugs & lots of warm hot water bottles or heat pads on our sore bits!
    Lotsa love sharon d(UK)
  14. lucky

lucky New Member

Wishing you great holidays with your daughter in Atlanta.
    Take care and forget about us for a little while, the break will do wonders.
    Again, my appreciation also for running a great board with Shirl - Have fun! Lucky
  15. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and wave, "hi" to my big brother!!! Have a great time and rest....don't overdo; you know who'll pay if you do!
    Love,
    Kady gobble-gobble
  16. HiFive

HiFive New Member

GREAT Thanksgiving and thank God for it.
    Also Happy Guai-ing to you and yours!!!!
    Hang in there.
    pam
  17. beans

beans New Member

Mikie away can I be bad and sneak a chit chat into the CFS abd Fibro group. How is the wether? Beans.
  18. tamara123

tamara123 New Member

Mikie,

If you need a stretch break, stop here in Jax and call me.....I know its a long drive to Atlanta, I went to college in Young Harris, Ga......Enjoy your weekend and have a safe trip. We are listed in the phone book, Jay is my husbands name, you know our last name....if not drop me an email.
    Tamara
  19. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Try and relax as much as poss. We'll try and get by without you ;)
    Marcus
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Y'all knew I couldn't stay away. I'm at my kids' computer while they slave away in the kitchen making pies for tomorrow. Today, we toured the Coca Cola museum; it was fun and I spend $35 on totally useless, but totally fun, Coke stuff.

Everyone, enjoy your Thanksgiving. I'm giving thanks for all y'all here in our extended family. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Love, Mikie