I'm glad to have found this site..it can get lonely

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krisinkansas41, Nov 9, 2002.

1. krisinkansas41

krisinkansas41 New Member

I have been researching this horror for the last 2yrs since my dx. It took me 8 yrs to be dx. I take Percocette and wear a low dose Duralgesic patch, without which I think I might not make it. It took many docs and alot of experimentation with every anti-inflammatory on the earth,(which didn't help at all). Some screaming and crying, and taking all the info I could find about this disease to my doctor to get where I'm at. I take Trazadone at night to sleep and usually sleep through the night. I refuse to up the dose on that because of weight gain. My husband is disabled from a motorcycle wreck that broke his neck. He is not paralized, but can't work or do much. Little lone take care of me. I am feeling like being on the "pitty pot" tonight, as the cold weather and aches and pains are just so overwhelming! The last week I haven't had much relief and I just feel like staying in bed forever. I have just about lost the will to go on sometimes. Thank god I have children, for them I live. (14 and 11) Sorry for the vent on a first meeting, I am just miserable today....I will enjoy reading all of your posts, when I can, in bits and pieces.
    Hugs, Kris

Are there pictures of everyone anywhere? It is nice to have a face with a name.
  2. krisinkansas41

krisinkansas41 New Member

I have been researching this horror for the last 2yrs since my dx. It took me 8 yrs to be dx. I take Percocette and wear a low dose Duralgesic patch, without which I think I might not make it. It took many docs and alot of experimentation with every anti-inflammatory on the earth,(which didn't help at all). Some screaming and crying, and taking all the info I could find about this disease to my doctor to get where I'm at. I take Trazadone at night to sleep and usually sleep through the night. I refuse to up the dose on that because of weight gain. My husband is disabled from a motorcycle wreck that broke his neck. He is not paralized, but can't work or do much. Little lone take care of me. I am feeling like being on the "pitty pot" tonight, as the cold weather and aches and pains are just so overwhelming! The last week I haven't had much relief and I just feel like staying in bed forever. I have just about lost the will to go on sometimes. Thank god I have children, for them I live. (14 and 11) Sorry for the vent on a first meeting, I am just miserable today....I will enjoy reading all of your posts, when I can, in bits and pieces.
    Hugs, Kris

Are there pictures of everyone anywhere? It is nice to have a face with a name.
  3. Hidn

Hidn New Member

you found this site too! I cant tell you alone I felt with this DD until I found the people here :)
    I dont write much but I read the posts s often asI can. I am sorry you are having such a hard time :(
    There are so many wnderful people here, I knpow you will get help.
    Take care
    Denise
    PS I dont have any pictures of me at all! (I brek the cameras lol) But I do think some people have them i their profiles
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Hi Kris,
    Welcome to the best source of info you will find. No need to apologise for the venting. Everybody here will understand, and there are a whole bunch of folks with flare ups this weekend. As long as we can gripe here, we might not gripe too much to our families, and that can save a relationship. If you click on your name, you will be directed to the spot to fill out your biography so we can learn what you wish to share with us. You can also click on other members names and get to know them. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Kathryn
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Kris, you sure do have your plate full. But you have come to the right place for support, some great advice, and I know you will make a lot of new friends here.

HOpe we hear from you often, and again welcome to our world.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Hi, Kris--

I'm in Kansas, too! Where abouts are you? I just moved to Overland Park outside of Kansas City about 6 months ago. Like it, but still adjusting to the climate change.

I'm sorry you are feeling so miserable right now! I know what you mean, I have a 13-year-old daughter, and sometimes just thinking of her is what gets me through particularly tough times. You will find this board is a great comfort, everyone is warm and caring, and I find out about a lot of new ideas and things others have tried that have been helpful. Mostly, it's just good to know we aren't alone in this!

Take care & let us know how you're doing--hope you have some days ahead that are better for you...

Hugs,
    Pam

7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

So nice to meet you--yes, one can include a pic on their profile, along with a bio. Some fill them in, some don't. I recently put my pic on mine, and added to the bio.
    I have four children, two of them are the ages of yours. Don't worry about being on a pitty pot, we can all take turns at that when the need arises. I know what you mean about losing the will to go on, sometimes. This sure can be a hard boat to row. I too, have been through the doc mill---geez, that's an experience in itself, huh?
    Hope next week is a better one for you, look forward to getting to know you better.
    Karen