I'm going out of town for a few days

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Jul 13, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm heading off to Washington (state) early tomorrow morning to see my Mom and my brothers. My Mom is in very poor health, and my brother thinks she is "fading". She is 83 and has Alzheimer's, so this isn't totally unexpected, but here it is. And it still really hurts, even though we all knew this day would come.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has given me so much support on this board. You guys are awesome!

I'll be popping in today as I can (it's going to be a crazy day), but probably won't be able to post.

I'll be back in town very late on Tuesday, so I'll see you all when I get back!

Katy

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Even though you know it's coming, it's rough. I hope your trip goes well and that you have a good visit- too bad we can't get together while you're here! Terri
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I pray all goes well for you and your family.

Foe Every Day A New Dawn Will Come.........Sue
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thank you both for your kind words. This will definitely be an emotional trip.

Terri - Where in Washington are you? My brother lives near Chelan.

Again, thanks for your support and prayers.
  5. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Katy, I hope you treat yourself very gently and let the emotions wash through. Breathe.

No matter what the circumstances, losing your mom is a tough one. We'll be sending you comforting energy.

Best,

Roseblossom

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I am sorry to hear about your mother. I hope your trip to Washington goes well.

Your husband will have to catch the next game!

Kholmes
  7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Your sweet words touched me. Thank you both. It helps to know you kind folks here will be thinking of me.

I'm looking forward to seeing my mother, although I am sure I will be shocked. I haven't seen her for 3 years. My brother says her appearance is quite different. She looks very fragile and much older. That will be hard to see.

The hardest part will be knowing that there's a 99% chance that this will be the last time I see her alive. That's a tough nut to swallow. The good part is that she will be with my Dad soon, and that's where she wants to be.

I'm so grateful my brothers and sisters-in-law will all be there. They are all wonderful.

kholmes - I know my husband will be looking forward to your next game. He's had a few ideas of ones to post, so maybe I'll post one one of his when I get back. I think I'll need the distraction.

Well, time for bed. I need to get up at 4 am (Ugh!).

Thank you all again.
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Just stopping by to say i'll be praying for you! My Mom passed away 3 years ago from Alzheimer's ! It was very difficult. she was 80 years old!.........................................My prayers are with you ! sydney