I'm Going to be a Gramma!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Mar 11, 2009.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Just had to share this wonderful and fantastic news with you all!,,,,My Daughter and sil that are teachers have decided to have a baby and now they are 5 weeks along!,,,,,,just found out and have just exsperienced the wonderful feeling of finding out!,,,,,,whew!,,,,what a all consuming feeling!,,,,,,,,,I'm soooooo Happy!!,,,,,,,Sis
  2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Will this be your first grandbaby? If so,you are in for a lot of joy,if it's not your first you know what I mean. Congratulations! Jeanne
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

This will be my first!,,,words cannot describe how i'm feeling!,,,,you must have more than one Grand baby!,,,,it's almost like i'm dreaming this and i'll wake up soon,,,,,,sis
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

This will be a new frontier for me!,,something i have wanted for along time!,,,but never wanted to pressure the kids,,wanted them to make their own decision about it,,,thats so neat that you got to spend so much time with you grandaughter when she was little and now that she's 12 already you must be wondering where the time went!,,,,,,,The kids live a ways away from me about 650 miles but that won't matter to me i'll will definetly find a way to be there for them !!,,,my Heart is spilling over,,,,,,,HUgs to all ,,,sis
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Exciting news! Hope everything goes fine and you and your grandchild have
    many happy years together.

We are all part of the procession of life, and our roles change as we march along.

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks!,,,,You always have such wisdom!,,,,,The kids are healthy and niether of them drink or smoke so i'm hoping all goes well too!,,,,,my roll as Gramma will of course be shared with others!,,,,,I'm just so elated!,,,,,,,,Thanks my friend!
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

It's just Wonderful!!,,,,,,,Sis
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Although i'm 51 years old ,,that just doesn't seem to matter anymore!,,,,,,It is a wonderful blessing!,,one i didn't exspect for awhile!,,Maybe it's ment to give our lives an ultimit Meaning!,,i'm very happy for you also,,,,wondering if there is a gramma club somewhere??,,,,,,,,lolol,,,sis
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2009]
  9. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

That's so exciting! You are so sweet to everyone on this board, I know the baby will be so lucky to have you as its grandma. Congrats to the future parents too! Erika :)

10. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

This couldn't have happened to a better person. That baby is going to be one lucky baby having you as his/her grandma. I am so excited for you. I definetly can wait to be a grandma becuase the girls are too young yet, but when it is time ooh lala, I will be in heaven and spoil those little grandbabies so much with lots of loving.

I am so glad you are elated. Contratulations Sis.

11. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Great news!! My daughter is expecting her second baby in June and I am thrilled.

I never thought I would enjoy being a grandmother as much as I do. We now have four generations in the family. My father turns 90 in December and the baby is going to be named after my dad and my SIL's dad.

Then there is the part when you give them back to the parents, LOL!!

However, I still can not figure out how I became a grandmother at the age of 30. Maybe I am in denial?

So congratulations. Keep us updated.

12. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

What a delicious surprise...you sound like you are absolutely floating! It reminds me of my own mother--my son was her first (first on both sides actually) and I am thinking you are going to have such a good time being a gramma...distance or not!

Distance can't dampen happiness, you've shown that...thanks for sharing your wonderful news!

Take Care,
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh' Thanks so much for the great compliments Erika and Mickey! i hope i can live up to them!!,,,,lolol,,,,your right cindy i am floating on cloud 10! i'm asking myself ok now what do i do??,,,,,also find myself spacing out alot!,,,,lolol,,,,gap~~ congrats on your 2nd grandbaby,,a boy to carry on the family name is so wonderful!,,,,,,,,HUgs To All!,,,,,,Sis
  14. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Bring on the champagne and lets celebrate!

Congrats, to you Sis.....you are going to be an awesome grandma! This is just so exciting......a new baby. So many little miracles with babies.
  15. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

on the new baby and becoming a grandma!! Keep us posted. This is so exciting for you and your family!

16. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sis - a big congrats to you and your family. The very first is very special. I do not know if this is your first grandchild or not. They are all very special and you will find that out soon if you don't already know it (-: !

and yes Monica - all babies are a MIRACLE !

Hugs and blessings,

Granni (of 8)
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

Thankyou Ladies for all your well wishes,,,Champagne and The happy dance sounds about right, right now!,,,,,I was never sure if the kids were going to decide to have a baby and then they surprised us all!,,,yes Granni it's my first and i'm so excited!,,,,,,a Miracle it is!,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2009]
  18. ckball

ckball New Member

Oh congratualtions- yes the first one is special but mine are 18 and 13, yes they grow up too fast, esp with so many miles between you. I am happy for you and your family, it is nice when good things happen to good people-Carla
  19. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That is exciting news!

20. sisland

sisland New Member

Thankyou for the congrats!,,,i will definatley keep you all up to date with all the Baby news!,,,,,,,i'm guessing that if i start to sew a Baby quilt now it should be done in time:),,,,end of oct-1st of November!,,,,,Thanks again Everyone!,,,,,,Sis