Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Apr 13, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

Has any one on here been to this center, fibromyalgia and fatigue center incorp. Well i have made an appointment to see them on wednesday, 4/15/09.

my first vist is 100 dollars, consultation

since i dont have working insurance

i can take their blood work to a lab in my town, and used my insurance to do the blood test.

next visit 500.00, getting lad results and medication that i would have to pay for. afer that 300.00 for visit at all time, i hope i get better.
    i have chronic fatigue, i was ok for sometime, but right now im not doing well.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

havent heard of this one. where is it?

i have been on a waiting list for over a year for the one close to me.

were you able to research it? thats a lot of money and i have found places i had to pay(other than my nucca doc didnt work)
    do you have a regular doc?

hope this works out for you
  3. spacee

spacee Member

Atlanta, Dallas, not sure where else.

I would go to one if I lived close by but I don't. And if I had the really big bucks I would go to Dr. Lerner or the new Reno clinic but I don't have that either.

Back in the day I did go out of state to Dr. Cheney's Clinic when Dr. Lapp was with him. That helped me a lot then but their strategies have changed and, while I like reading them, I am not interested in going that route.

I hope you show improvement! Their treatments can cost a bundle with the IV's and all.

4. street129

street129 New Member

I am ready for this, im feeling a little decent tonight, but not like how i want to feel, i want to get to the bottom of my illness and put it in its right place.
    i will be going to connecticut, fibro and fatigue center, a hour ride. I was approved for my disability in 07, so i will be using that money, its a lot of money, but im just saving it, so i decided that its time to try something else, im tired of feling ill so often. i hope i get my monies worth.
  5. enlightened1

enlightened1 New Member

You may end up very sorry, and broke.
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

might be a bad idea unless you have enough money to keep going indefinitely.

i would go and see dr. lerner in MI, get a treatment plan, and follow it with a local doctor.
  7. aftermath

aftermath New Member

I agree with the other posters who urge caution.

I have been following this forum for a LONG time. All I seem to see are stories of people spending a LOT of money and not feeling much better.
  8. mujuer

mujuer New Member

9. luckyman

luckyman New Member

Please research carefully. There are no known cures, unless they find something else wrong, such as hypothyroid. When their prices are high, and they don't take insurance, be especially careful.